so my 15" Macbook Pro came in today :)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fleali88, Feb 17, 2009.

1. fleali88 macrumors regular

I bought it off ebay for 2000 brand new sealed and it was sealed.
    I got the 2.53ghz model with 4gb of ram and 320gb hdd.
    I looked up the serial number and it says it was made in november of 2008, week 45, in shanghai china, any known problems from unibodies from there? so far physically it looks good, all lines are even and solid, lcd meets perfectly. screen seems solid with no bleeding, i did notice 2 dead pixels on opposite ends of the screen. i will post pics later. but its sick. :)

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Congrats! How much did you pay for it? Also, don't waste your time asking the forum if there are any problems with the MBP. Find out for yourself by just using it.
    For example, someone on the forum may tell you there is flickering on the screen. Most likely you wouldn't have ever noticed it until someone mentioned it. Now you will drive yourself crazy with constant posts worrying about what to do.
    If you don't notice anything wrong it's not someone else's duty to find problems for you. Enjoy. :)

3. fleali88 thread starter macrumors regular

I agree, this isnt my first mac , nor my first macbook, but i just like to be aware of known issues, but the next thing im going to do is get apple care lol.

I paid 2000$ shipped, and it was brand new never opened. i got it in 4 days. im siked! lol

4. MeatPie macrumors newbie

Are they noticeable? or are they near the bezel? That kind of sucks especially since it was sealed up.

5. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I just got my 15" today too! man I have been waiting. I'm typing on it right now and it's better than I imagined...

Now to re-sync my iPhone to he MBP vs my windows PC. The track pad will take a little getting used to, as my old 2001 PC I could just tap on the pad and register it as a "select" command. Trust me I'm not complaining, just something I noticed off hand - I really didn't notice though when I was in the Apple store.

6. gilesrulz macrumors member

Sometimes pixels stick on a new machine. If you run a video test of some sort, they may unstick.

7. chp5592 macrumors regular

You can also tap on the new track pad. Just change the setting on the preference panel. I don't like to physically press the track pad. I think it is too resistant....

8. Velocifero macrumors newbie

You can do that too. Go under System Preferences\Trackpad, then check the box "Tap to Click". Mine's checked and sometimes I tap, sometimes I click, depends on what I'm doing.

9. fleali88 thread starter macrumors regular

no they arent noticeable at all, i just did a migration from my old macbook, and everything is set up just like my old one, ans i did all updates, and everything seems perfect. super snappy lol. but i got this computer for 500$ off the normal price and after taxes i prolly saved 600-700$ im siked.

10. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Thanks for the heads up on the track pad setting, I figured there would be a setting for it.

11. Velocifero macrumors newbie

Hah i thought the same thing when I first got it. I was like, "There's no way this doesn't have it." It's especially useful if you're trying to be really quiet.

12. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

Who was the seller? That's a great deal! I'm in the market for a mbp same as yours. Was it buy now or did you win a bid?

Only asking because I got a 32gb iPod touch 2g brand new from eBay for $270. That came in 3 days. Thanks, and enjoy your new beast! :)

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

14. fleali88 thread starter macrumors regular

I'll have to check my account but it was like "easystream" or something from a company called "webuyallinc" and it was a buy it now.

15. rudyrox macrumors member

hey what kind of battery life are you getting out of it. im scared now becuase iv hear so many bad things about the battery life and i just ordered one :(

16. fleali88 thread starter macrumors regular

dont know yet ill test this after work though, i love it though,

17. Intense macrumors regular

Congrats on your purchase, you seem to have gotten a deal !
    Pictures would be nice too ... care to share ? You can post them in the Picture Gallery section of the Forums

18. drea666 macrumors newbie

drea666

hey congrats on the new mac! i like you have also just received a brand new 15" macbook pro and i too have a dead pixel near the mid-right bottom of the screen. i love the machine it is absolutely beautiful however this pixel is going to drive me nuts. i was just wondering if there anything i can do to try and fix it before i contact apple.

19. Golfer00ksu macrumors regular

That's an AWESOME deal!
    Thought that was compliment you were fishing for.
    No, but really ebay is the way to go. Got my 2.4 MBP unibody for $1625 shipped. I think the seller has more if anyone is inteested let me know. Just make sure you use paypal and purchase applecare.

20. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

Hope you're dealing okay with those pixels. Maybe they're stuck and not dead.

Oh, and I searched on eBay, and couldn't find any matches. If you can check for me, that would be super. Thanks again, and enjoy! :)