So my AppleCare expires in May...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brayhite, Feb 12, 2011.

1. brayhite macrumors 6502a

And I was wondering if there are any last-minute type things I should turn my MBP in to have them check for free before it expires. It's the Early 2008 model (aluminum), and I have to turn it in for them to replace the casing that's coming loose. Anything else I should request for them to do (cleaning, screen check, battery replacement, etc.)?

2. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

They won't clean it unless you have procare.

They also won't replace the battery unless it's defective.

Screen check...they can't do anything that you can't do yourself with something like pixel checker to check for dead pixels.

You could run the Apple hardware test to see if it gives you any issues, then bring them the results. They may uncover other issues while it's on the bench as well.

BTW , All Macbook Pros from 2006 -> are aluminum ;).

3. jbrenn macrumors 6502a

4. skiltrip macrumors 68030

Sell it while you still have a few months of AppleCare left on it and buy a new one! :)

5. brayhite thread starter macrumors 6502a

So basically nothing? Ha. And I've just seen some people distinguish the earlier models from the unibody by calling it the aluminum one. My bad.

I've thought about it, but I don't know of the real value I could get on it with it being the older model. Unless I got 75% of the cost of a new one back, I don't really think I want to sell it.