Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
So my girlfriend and I ordered Cirque Du Soleil tickets (for Kooza, I'm so excited!) as our Christmas gifts to each other, and they emailed me the confirmation and the etickets, all is well. Then the next day I look in Mail and they're gone. Just vanished. They aren't in the "trash" folder, although there's stuff from earlier in there, and they aren't in any other of my folders within Mail. I even did a full search in my computer and there's no trace of them. I've been trying to get in touch with the Cirque people, but the show we're seeing isn't for almost a month, so I'm not too worried.

But this is just so weird. Unless one of my apartment-mates came and purposely got rid of them it just makes no sense to me for them to be gone... anyone have any ideas?

L

Lau

But this is just so weird. Unless one of my apartment-mates came and purposely got rid of them it just makes no sense to me for them to be gone... anyone have any ideas?

Have you used Webmail or logged in on another computer? I lost a load of emails the other day by emptying the trash on Webmail, which then synced with Mac Mail when I next opened my iBook (as it was still all being stored at server level rather than on my Mac). :eek:

Hope you get them back, though.

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
I haven't... I never sign into my gmail account (where I had them sent) but instead just use Mac Mail to check it. Does mail take a while before it actually saves the emails on your computer? Because I think it automatically deletes them off the web server when it gets them, and if it put them into the trash and gmail emptied its trash before Mac Mail saved it or some absurd situation like that I suppose that may explain it... if so that's an extremely silly system :confused:

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
this has never happened to me. call the company that you bought the tickets from.

Do companies actually have phone numbers nowadays?!! :eek: Everything is chat, email and "help" desks. :mad:

SpamArrest.com died today. NO WAY to contact them offline... and, well, they were OFFLINE!

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
I actually hadn't checked the account, but I just did and nothing's in there.

Cirque called me back last night and resent the tickets (which I immediately made sure to print and download copies of), so it's really not a big issue at this point. Just the fact that they vanished in the first place sorta creeped me out...

DannyBres

macrumors 65816
Oct 30, 2007
UK
are you using pop or imap from you gmail account?

because with pop it wll just delete em off the server and download em to you computer whereas imap is a big wonderful syncing system that works perfect between my pc my mb and my iphone :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.