http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/NEWSF08.html Happened a few days ago now. I was in for the morning shift, sorting out stock and clearing up from the night before, egged in to go an hour earlier than usual (so long as I get everything sorted before they open, v.flexible hours) I left the place at about 1pm along with my cousin, Mark, and Fay. About an hour later we get a call saying that theres smoke coming from the windows, that there was a small fire. The fire men arrived and apparently there was nothing to be worried about so I stayed at home! Ohhh dear. The whole downstairs is destroyed, the cieling is more or less gone. Arcade/games machines have been totally wiped out along with one of the giant LCD TVs. Spirits had all evapourated (exploded?) above the bar, melting the lights. Half a wall had fallen down too. Total mess. Upstairs wasn't too bad, smoke damage everywhere but no actual fire. He runs a small eBay business and had £1400 worth of PS3's that just about survived, along with a plucky small HDTV. I keep thinking... If I went to work earlier, or if I stayed back and read some of the papers I might have spotted this and been able to stop it... the place is littered with fire extinguishers. He's also got a puppy Chihuahua that was thankfully at his parents place that day, else it probably would have died from the smoke. I feel so sorry for them too. Fay is (was?) the youngest landlady in England and has really faught to get the pub doing well despite her age. Just a big bad day for the family really.