So my heart just about stopped....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tacomahunter, Mar 19, 2009.

1. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

When I walked in the front door of my house and there sat my MBP just relaxing on the coffee table as it always does, when my daughter (she is also 5 months pregnant with our first grandchild!) knocked over her glass of hot tea right on the top of my closed and unplugged beauty..... My daughter quickly picked it up, ran to the kitchen and wiped if off. I then took the battery out, flipped the laptop over (opened) and let it sit for 36 hours before starting it back up... HAPPY to report that it is WORKING and my daughter does not have to buy me a new unibody... Glad that the top is relatively sealed!!!:D

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

close call. when ever i read stuff like this i get this awful image in my head of the same thing happening to me.

your daughter would have been pretty bummed, would you really have made her pay for it? what happened to unconditional love?! haha

3. bossxii macrumors 68000

Best thing you can ever do it let em sit till they are dry vs turning em on to see if they still work while wet. Good call by you for sure! Glad to hear everything worked out. :)

4. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

Thats good, but i hope you dont have any warranty left because its now voided! and you may experience issues later on.

5. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

oooohhh man.... that is sooo ridiculous. atleast she has a good mind to not fry your logic board with misc. voltage running through it!!

and if you really like tea... atleast your MBP smells like it :eek:

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

come on stay positive. dont jinx him haha:rolleyes:

7. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

haha ok i'll say something positive, if you ever need to get Apple to fix anything you say the liquid sensors were set off by you using the laptop in some 'heavy fog' ;)

8. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

haha i like it

9. Jurwin macrumors regular

Jurwin

Good to know that you care more about your mpb than your daughter. :p

10. Anuba macrumors 68040

Anuba

Woah, close call there.

While we're on the subject, just how "sealed" is it?

Once every 6 months or so I remove the keys from my Dell notebook (you just snap them loose) to clean out dust from under the keys. I expect that procedure to be a no-go on a hermetically sealed unibody MBP, but looking at my alu Apple keyboard, the keys don't extend down into the metal, it's just a thin flat top that appears to be attached to a pin... fluid or dust could easily find its way down under the keys and it would be impossible to get it out. Is that how the MBP keys are designed as well?