So my i4 was stolen...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SirStrumalot, Oct 6, 2011.

1. SirStrumalot macrumors 6502

...and I need a new phone. I reckon I need at least 16GB of storage, so my current options are to either get the closeout iPhone 4 for $149 or a 4S for $199. Any input? I'm pretty conflicted. I am a college student so I wouldn't mind saving some money, but considering I'm going to be locked down for 2 years, I was wondering if the iPhone 4 would suffice.

Also, has anybody here who has actually used a Samsung Galaxy SII give me an honest review of what you think about the device (especially if you went from an iPhone to the SII). I've used iPhones for so long now, I'm a little nervous about switching platforms but have been considering it.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

3. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Seconded. If it were a $99 iPhone 4 and a $199 4S, I would say go with just the iPhone 4. But spending that extra $50 gets you better specs and better resale.

4. SirStrumalot thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I was thinking as well...

And no deedawg, the thief knew how to disable findmyiPhone (I had it enabled, and the phone was on for a while, but findmyi couldn't locate my phone still) :(

5. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

Get the 4S. It is worth way more than $50....

With the 4 you might feel you need to get a new phone relatively soon.

With the 4S you will be fine with it for at least 2 years and probably longer, so really worth it.

6. LagFighter macrumors regular

You don't have Find My iPhone set up?

If you did, you could just have the police assist you in finding the crook. Of course, if it's been wiped, it might already be too late.

7. SirStrumalot thread starter macrumors 6502

I did have it set up but the crook disabled it as soon as he could (I know he disabled it because the phone was still on for a while but findmyi couldn't locate it) :(