So my iPhone deleted it's music...but it's still there?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbwinkle, Jun 27, 2009.

1. bbwinkle macrumors member

So my iPhone 3GS deleted ALL of the music off of the iPod application. I can deal with that since I could just resync it. BUT, when I go into "About" it still shows 15 GB taken up by the music that suddenly doesn't exist. How is it that 25 apps can be taking up 15 GB out of 32 GB?

Please help! I'm on vacation without my MacBook to resync!

2. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

The same thing happened to me i hooked it up to itunes and it got listing as other i called apple and they said that sometimes while powering down it can move stuff around to diffrent files i guess thats wat happened to you
    i also lost my visual voicemail had to call att for that one

3. sziehr macrumors 6502a

ThiS happened to my gf iPhone hooked it to a mac and boom rebuilt the index file kinda like table of contents on a hard drive data still there just missing a pointer

4. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

exactly

5. bbwinkle thread starter macrumors member

6. apple3g040193 macrumors 6502

apple3g040193

im afriad ur stuck try hard reseting but other than that i dont know of any other way to fix that except pluging into itunes

7. anffitch92 macrumors newbie

My iPhone did the same exact thing....all my music was deleted from the iPod but it still says that space is being taken up under my settings. My question is if I just resyn it and add the music again....is that space going to be cleared up or is it going to remain on there and stored somewhere permanently where I cannot access it?

8. anffitch92 macrumors newbie

My iPhone did the same exact thing....all my music was deleted from the iPod but it still says that space is being taken up under my settings. My question is if I just resync it and add the music again....is that space going to be cleared up or is it going to remain on there and stored somewhere permanently where I cannot access it?