::so my macbookpro is starting to lose life::

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by BrettFarve04, Jan 4, 2009.

1. BrettFarve04 macrumors regular

Hey all,

I've had my macbookpro for almost 2 years and it's starting to fall apart. My mouse button clicks and sticks all the time, my case feels lose and in some certain spots i i have to pop it back. My OS is super slow...and i often have to restore my iphoto and itunes liberaries. And I feel like anytime now my harddrive is going to give out. I take really good care of my computer and make sure it's all clean and stuff. Apple says:

"Our records indicate that your product is covered for service and telephone support under the AppleCare Protection Plan which is estimated to expire on January 28, 2010. "

Is there anything you guys think apple can do to help my machine.

Thanks~~~~!!!:apple::apple:

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'd take it to the Genius bar of an Apple store and see what they say. It never hurts to take it to Apple.

3. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

so when i go to the genius bar what exactly should i say too them? I have quiet a bit of case history with apple also

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

What I usually do is make a written list of the problems that I have and go through the list with the Genius one by one. Explain the issues as best as possible. They may have you send the computer to be repaired, so back up all your data beforehand. I usually gently suggest a replacement to them, it's worked for me before but it may or may not work for you.

5. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

If i asked them for a replacement what do you think they would give me. I have the C2D 2.33Ghz model it's an older model

6. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Typically they send it out for repair before they give replacements, but it's worth a shot. The worst they can do is say no :)

7. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just take it to the Apple Store and ask them really nicely to repair it or replace it since you had a casing history.

8. BrettFarve04 thread starter macrumors regular

anything else I can do to get on apple's good side to hopefully replace my system?