So my Minima died, buy another one now or stick with a PC?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by fRzzy, Feb 7, 2009.

  1. fRzzy macrumors newbie

    Feb 7, 2009
    So my Minima died, just died, running fine then suddenly everything went blank and it wouldn't come back up again. Tried everything possible and it's still dead.

    So now I left with my MBA...

    To put a long story short, I need a desktop to work, I just can't work fully productive with a laptop.

    I'm going to get it fixed (hopefully) soon. But now I really need a desktop.

    I have two options:

    1. Stick with a PC and wait until Mac mini next refresh or my Mac mini get fixed.
    2. Buy another now.

    I'm both familiar and working fine with PC or Mac.
    I love Mac mini form factor.
    I won't buy an iMac because of its screen, far worse than my LCD.
    I won't buy a Mac Pro because of its too-expensive-who-can-afford-it-ness.

    What are your opinions?
  2. aaquib macrumors 65816


    Sep 11, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    Why not just purchase an external display, keyboard and mouse for your MBA and turn it into a desktop? It'll be just as fast as the current base Mac mini.
  3. aaquib macrumors 65816


    Sep 11, 2007
    Toronto, Canada
    I believe he means Mini Mac(aka Mac mini).
  4. bozz2006 macrumors 68030


    Aug 24, 2007
    i'd wait for the refresh, since you have a MBA to get you along until then.
  5. fRzzy thread starter macrumors newbie

    Feb 7, 2009
    I named my Mac mini Minima lol... I forgot to use its official name when title the thread, my bad.

    I have everything externally required to turn my MBA into a desktop, however I still need a seperated desktop to do something else while I'm using my MBA.

    Actually I should have a PC hooked up by now by my desk, but just look at the size of the computer case I sighed and post this thread. I just want a Mac mini >.<
  6. zap2 macrumors 604


    Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    Do you know whats wrong with it? My HDD died, and for 100 bucks, its worth it to have it fixed(even though at the time I was waiting for the next Mini)

    I'd say not buy the PC, unless you planning on moving back to Vista/Windows 7.

    If you're planning on staying with OS X, I'd wait it out(and look into fixing the Mini)

Share This Page