So... My new 27" iMac had to be repaired already :/

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Shane1905, May 1, 2013.

1. Shane1905 macrumors regular

Had to take my 3tb fusion iMac into the apple store since bootcamp decided to trim a few hundred gb off my total space. Apparently it was the first one they'd ever had come in to that particular store. Anyways, repair all done and ready to be picked up today so off I trot to pick it up only to find a complimentary scratch and dent thrown in for no extra charge! Was not impressed at my first ever repair experience. That said they are ordering me a new one in which will take a few weeks being as its the 680mx etc etc. anyone else had a similar experience with their new machines yet?

2. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

While scratching and denting your new machine was unforgivably careless on their part, they are getting you a new one.

Is that not a reasonable action on their part for their stupidity?

For what it's worth, I've been to my local Apple store on several occasions and not had any problems.

I just re-read my post and fear it will seem critical. It is not meant that way. I just meant that they screwed up, but are making good on it.

Granted, they shouldn't have screwed up in the first place... to err is human.:p

:D

3. Shane1905 thread starter macrumors regular

Don't worry, I get what you mean. Mine probably sounds just as critical even though I think it's pretty awesome how good they've been about it so far. Just a real bummer (not used that word in a while) :/ do you know if they are still struggling with the quality issues they were having with the displays? Was really pleased mine was perfect when it first arrived.

4. Shrink, May 1, 2013
    Last edited: May 1, 2013

Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

Sorry, Shane, I don't know anything about iMacs. I don't generally allow total ignorance to stop me from pontificating on any subject..but I don't know doodly here.:eek:

BTW: Is your user name a reference to...

Attached Files:

5. GuitarNut macrumors newbie

This happened to me as well. A Simple Erase of the partition and Install fixed the issue.

Strange why it would do that.

6. Siderz macrumors 6502a

From the amount of experiences I've read, it almost seems as if they do this on purpose so that the owner of the Mac gets a new one.

7. Shane1905 thread starter macrumors regular

Spent a few hours every evening on the phone with tech support and half a day in the apple store trying so many different things, for some reason my imac wouldn't even admit it was a separate partition. Was a very strange problem. It works a treat again now I have it home. Just waiting on the replacement to arrive in store. I just hope everything will be ok with that one as this was my first and damn near perfect when it first arrived. I'm a bit reluctant to attempt bootcamp again, all this hassle to play some games :rolleyes: