So my new MBA will arrive tomorrow

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by lowonthe456, Feb 21, 2012.

  1. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #2
    Ivy Bridge is not due out until April/May and sometime after that Apple will presumably be updating the MBA.

    If you want to wait, then return the MBA when it arrives and then wait out the release of the Ivy Bridge MBA
     
  2. zorinlynx macrumors 601

    zorinlynx

    Joined:
    May 31, 2007
    Location:
    Florida, USA
    #3
    Yeah, return it. Now's a bad time to buy, you're not getting the most for your money.

    Ivy Bridge will bring USB 3.0, which is a wonderful thing on a laptop.
     
  3. jmthigpen macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2011
    Location:
    Charleston, SC
    #4
    agree, 3-4 month wait is worth it for refreshed hardware unless you need the computer now.
     
  4. Boe11 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 12, 2010
    #5
    Weren't you aware of the impending release when you ordered it? :confused: If you spend much time around here, it shouldn't be a surprise that a new model will be out later this spring or during the summer. In terms of this article, wasn't it digi-times that said last week that most fo the ivy-bridge processors wouldn't be released until July, only to be debunked? I'd take it with a grain of salt.

    No one knows when the new airs will come out. Best case scenario is still 2-3 months away. If you want to wait, just send it back. But it shouldn't be a surprise that new ones will be coming out in X amount of months.
     
  5. lowonthe456 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 27, 2007
    #6
    I was aware new ones would happen between now and mid-year.

    I'll not worry about it. Since this will be an evolutionary upgrade (nothing like retina display most likely) than I'll be fine. I only stress on this stuff as I tend to keep my Macs for 3-5 years.

    Crisis averted :cool:
     

Share This Page