So my phone simply is off without cause

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bradbradallen, Oct 17, 2009.

1. bradbradallen macrumors newbie

This is the background of my issue:

I have an iPhone 3gS. I had a picture on my phone I was going to upload to facebook, but needed to e-mail the picture beforehand to then upload it to facebook. As most iPhone users know, e-mailing a picture from the iPhone takes a good 20 seconds. So, as a user who has the setting that auto-idles your iPhone after x minutes toggled off, I just left my phone on the other side of the room, which was at ~35% battery when I did so. I came back from the restroom about a minute later and the phone was simply off.

I've tried holding buttons down, tried plugging it into both computer and wall outlet for 10 minutes each without anything new.

I've never had any issues with my iPhone in the past.

Any tips are welcome and appreciated.

2. bakerster macrumors regular

hold the home and power buttons for like ever and it should turn on

3. bradbradallen thread starter macrumors newbie

have done that in the past 20 minutes without result.

4. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

First open iTunes and connect your iPhone cord to your computer, but do not plug it into your iPhone. Then press and hold the home button on your phone while connecting the iPhone cord into your iPhone and continue to hold down the home button. Then click restore in iTunes.