So my sister is getting an iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by forza69, Sep 3, 2010.

1. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Well.. at least I think she is. She has an oooooold blackberry that sucks. I have an iPhone 3GS and I love it. I've told her it's one of the best phones on the market right now but she's still not convinced as to why she should get it since shes read online about some of the problems the 4 has been having. She's leaning towards the Blackberry Torch. Help me by listings reasons as to why the iPhone is better so that I can then show her this thread. Make it good! Or not.. you don't have to help me. I'd appreciate it though, thanks! :D

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I've never used a Torch, but I thought they where sluggish and had a poor quality screen for the current era.

3. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Tell her to read Engadget's review of the Torch.

4. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

+1. Or anyone elses. A friend of mine who is pro-blackberry even admitted every torch their store sold got returned.

5. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Let her get a Torch. You'll get to say the phrase "I told you so." I love saying that to people.

6. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Haha yeah I'd love saying that to her, but I rather her just get something good on the first try. :p less money spent on gas, more towards the iPhone lol

7. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

Or tell her to try it, and she still has the ability to return it after 30 days?

8. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

If she loves her BB due to BBM then you are gonna have a long battle ahead of you... girls and free txt's are hard to separate....

9. Cruleworld macrumors newbie

Cruleworld

Tell her either get an iPhone 4 or a Android phone those are the two she wants. Nothing else is good for consumers.

10. Adisah macrumors regular

Let her learn through trial and error. It's better for her to see it for herself, than you to force it on her.

11. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Not forcing anything. Ultimately she's going to get whatever she wants. All I've told her so far is that I love my iPhone and wouldn't ever have any other phone.

12. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

you just want her to get a 4 so you can play with it too.

13. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Nah. I have a 3GS and I'm happy with it. My cousin has a 4 and I like it sure, but there's nothing the 4 has that the 3GS doesn't. Of course other than LED flash and HD recording. But I don't really care for either of those. I'll be waiting for the i5 next year anyway.

14. kiantech macrumors regular

Dude the screen on the 4 is awesome. Every other phone I pick up just looks washed out after using my 4 for so long.

15. azhava macrumors regular

Let her try web browsing on your iPhone, then let her try it on the Blackberry....that ought to take care of it!

I've owned 2 Blackberries (8830WE and Tour), and absolutely hated every single second of web browsing on them. The trackball stinks, zooming in and out is a major pain, and the screen is so tiny that you can't read a thing on most web pages. There are some things that BB's do well, but web browsing definitely is not one of them.

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree, tell her to try out both in person and then decide.
    Reviews or what other people say are ok but you should at least try before you buy and put yourself into a 2 year contract with a device that you might regret gettting.

17. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

Let her decide. Don't try to force her to buy an iPhone.

I love my iPhone4, sure, but I would never part with my BB Curve simply because of the better 'business features' (push email, PIM, BBM, etc). The keyboard is also imo much better (arguable, but that's just my opinion).

Have you considered that perhaps she prefers the hard keyboard? Perhaps her friends have BBM and thus she wants something that is compatible with that service?

18. forza69 thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Again, I'm not forcing anything lol A couple of her friends have iPhones and others Droids. She's not a business woman so I don't know why she likes the BB. Hers is the curve.. an old one that still only runs on Edge. I THINK it's the physical keyboard that she likes, but I've tried using it and its a lot harder than the iPhone keyboard. I guess it's what you're used to so I'm sure she'd get used to the touchscreen after a while. She texts a lot and I'm pretty sure she doesn't use BBM. But idk, I've never used a BB. She's always wanting to use my iPhone 3GS to play games so she needs her own >_>