My iPhone 4 will be delivered in a few days and I want to take the good advice given above when I sell the 3G (jailbreak, unlock, etc...).
I have a question of the timing and mechanics of doing it correctly... I have no technical expertise when it comes to this so bear with me.
Is this how it would work in the order below?
So, my new 4 arrives in the mail. I then backup my 3G so that when I plug in the new 4 to iTunes I can restore from the last backup and that will be good to go.
After performing that last backup of the 3G do I then do the following in this order or am I missing something or have something out of order:
- reset the 3G in settings > general> reset> Erase all content and settings so that all my personal info is off the phone
- do the jailbreak and then the unlock on the 3G as per instructions
- remove the old sim card from the 3G since it is now ready for sale
- plug in the new iPhone 4 to iTunes and restore it from the backup I made
- Sell the 3G as a jailbroken and unlocked phone?