So new Macbooks or not?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gimmeiphone, May 12, 2008.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

iv been reading all the apple & mac blogs for weeks checking them every few hours, i really really want a macbook, but after seeing the comparison between the MBA & MB screens there really is no competition, and im not even going to start on the case cracking issue. but i dont know how much longer i can suffer this 2-3 yr old pc. im not going to get a macbook unless it has an led screen and case redesign, so does this mean im not getting a macbook at all? what is the likelyhood, i mean really, of the macbooks getting these things before september, if at all? i keep reading that the wwdc is just for software mainly and not hardware. please dont say i have to wait for macworld 09 for these fantasy notebooks:eek:

2. closeupman macrumors member

closeupman

What else can we say? We aren't Steve!

Either get what you can now (i.e. MBA or MBP if you really need an LED screen) or wait till late june or later! :p

3. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

4. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

i would love a MBP but the uk prices are way out of my range. shame because a MBP would be perfect since i am quite a gamer and the fact that you can upgrade the graphics card and such is so appealing. i just couldnt justify spending over a grand on a computer, especially when im on such a tight budget right now, around £800 would be my upmost limit. im just getting really excited in hopes that there will be an aluminium cased LED screen MB before september. led is obviously going to be eventually used in all macs for obvious reason, but i want it now! lol i hope they do make a 13" MBP though, if theyr cheaper that is

5. Westsider 4 Mac macrumors regular

Westsider 4 Mac

Understandable...

I have been advocating for an Aluminum MB. I have been begging for a update to the iconic 12 PBG4 to MBP specs. hopefully :apple: is reading/listening! :)

6. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

well 12" is a bit small for me, im on a 15" now and will find it hard to downsize to the 13" MB screen, but i know what you mean, the portability of the 12"PB but with rounded edges of the MBA, the airs backlit keyboard and an LED screen and im sold

7. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

no one knows if there will be a refresh of the mb and mbp. just wait unti wwdc and then decide whether to buy. if you don't absolutely need one now, then just wait as long as you can.