So, no gates yet?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ///M5, Dec 15, 2012.

1. ///M5 macrumors 6502

While I'm waiting for my iMac to arrive; I'm lurking through the forum looking for iMac gates.

It seems that everybody is pretty happy with their iMac's (except for that guy with the aluminum dead pixels).

No IR? Bleeding? People aren't complaining. Something is fishy here.

2. 12dylan34 macrumors 6502a

It sits too high up on my desk and makes my neck uncomfortable.

Straingate.

3. bflowers macrumors 6502a

Mine is sitting in a FedEx sort facility about 40min from me. :mad: DeliveryGate!

Also, I've come to understand that if you grip it on both sides, and squeeze really hard, you get absolutely no cell reception... So clearly this is AntennaGate2! Let the lynching begin! :D

4. Arman macrumors regular

Aftermarket DDR 1600mhz CL10 ram seems to have issues with stock apple CL11 ram. Downsizes speed to 1333mhz.

RamGate

5. shl4tech macrumors newbie

6. gagaliya macrumors 6502

what ram is that? i bought the crucial memory recommended for the imac, should i be worried?

7. Arman macrumors regular

Corsair Vengeance. Check the CAS latency on the ram but from what others have said the latency on the crucial memory is CL11 so u should be fine. Check the post a few ways down regarding the guy with 1333Mhz ram speed. This is only an issue with mixing with stock apple ram for those going to 24GB

----------

Well there is also the foam adhesive that is now being used to seal the iMacs.

StickyGate? FoamTapeGate?

----------

Apple also dropped VESA mounting.

VESAgate? MountGate?

8. Siderz macrumors 6502a

Discgate

Was pissed off trying to find a legitimate download for Production Premium CS5.5, but I managed to in the end.

Would have been much much quicker had the disc drive been there, but that's like the only time I actually need to use the disc drive.