so no option for pay as you go now official ??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by acemelhaz, Nov 1, 2007.

1. acemelhaz macrumors newbie

i see from the updated o2 faqs it says if you fail credit check you have to return iphone within 14 days for a refund , oh well so we wont be getting the same option as usa

2. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

3. metoo6000 macrumors regular

Yes.... and it should be available on 9th Nov.

4. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

i think it will they just don't want to advertise it. do apple want iphones brought back to the stores? no way!!!!!!!

5. yogamonkey macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

Looks fairly official to me! The o2 FAQ clearly states if you fail the credit check you should take the phone back for a full refund.

6. oreomac macrumors member

I agree, I can't see they wanting to take back phones but also if they don't have the payg option they will lose money which I can't see them wanting to do, I was talking about this today at work.

7. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

nah i cant see it being on pay n go on day one or else o2 would lose out on so much money as would apple.

8. draperm25 macrumors regular

draperm25

it also stats that they want the iPhone returned in AS new condition with all the packaging for a full refund, well i dont think they could really pass them off as new then could they?

9. spinstorm macrumors 65816

Not that I recommend this as its dishonest lol

But lets say you have a US iPhone and you want to changed it for a UK iPhone for any reason - you could go buy one from O2 bring it home and swap it over.

Of course your US iPhone would have to be in good condition still and you would have to de-activate it first.

BUT

I do not think that 02 and Carphone Warehouse are going to be turning on the iPhone and checking the IMEI numbers and firmware versions! They will just check the box and see its looks new and give you a refund!

Of course the next poor sod who goes and buys the one you return will not be happy and they can track you as your paying by card but I imagine even if that happens they will just give the guy who had your old phone a new one and return the other one to Apple.

Not honest and maybe not worthit but if you did REALLY brick your iPhone then it would work!