So...no super secret spy pics at UPS?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brudog68, Mar 10, 2011.

1. brudog68 macrumors 6502

No pallets full of Ipad2's on the loading dock or anything?

2. baummer macrumors 6502a

At this point, initial inventory is likely already delivered to the various retail sales channels. I think pictures in the past were from iPad pre-orders last year, but since Apple didn't decide to accept pre-orders for the iPad 2, this could explain why no one has any pictures.

I remember a friend worked at my local Best Buy when the Mac mini's were first sold. They were delivered around 50 in a locked, portable crate. Supposedly someone from Apple was tasked with going from store-to-store and unlocking them at the approved time to prevent stores from selling them before they were allowed to. Now, I have no idea if this is true or not since this is all hearsay, or if this is a practice still being deployed, but secrecy could explain why there are no pictures.

3. truciet macrumors 6502

yea it's been delivered already. best buy has it as of today noon.

4. gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

Lol...I have to say I was thinking the same thing. Usually by now we have someone who took a quick picture of them in the stock room or something.

Oh well, I'm sure we'll get some nice pics tomorrow.

5. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

6. backpacker macrumors newbie

I work for FEDEX

We have always delivered the apple stuff, ipads, iPhone, etc to residents and retailers alike. While I did see some ipad boxes on the sort today, not the volume I expected. Likely the bulk of them will be shipped for delivery in the AM on Friday.