so no t-mobile with unlocked ip4s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by troyhouse, Oct 14, 2011.

1. troyhouse macrumors 6502

i was planning to get unlocked phone and use it on t-mobile with edge. but it seems that there is no way to disable 3g on iphone 4s.. so we cant use t-mobile any more?

2. rookiezzz macrumors regular

what do you mean with that? I think we'll still be able to use t-mobile with the unlocked iphone4s (EDGE). The problem is, siri might be working very slow due to the network connection's speed. However, there's a rumor that the iphone 4s is using a new chip, something about q6610 instead of q6600 (not sure about the series), which rumored that it might be able to receive t-mobile's 3g's frequencies, sweet! :cool:

3. icanhasiphone? macrumors regular

I was planning to do the same. I don't know what to do now!! I think i'll just end up buying a regular iPhone4, I wonder if Apple is still selling unlocked higher capacity older iPhone4's

4. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Yes, they're on clearance online until supplies last. Many Apple stores still have plenty of the unlocked models in their inventory.

5. icanhasiphone? macrumors regular

Thanks! I feel silly now for making a new thread asking the same question, oh well haha.

6. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

someone posted that the option to disable 3g is gone in iphone 4s. and i wanted to get confirmation from someone...

7. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

that's a possibility.
    would be awesome!!

8. troyhouse thread starter macrumors 6502

it would be awesome then, and that would explain the option to disable 3g is gone in ip4s...

apple should let us pre-order unlocked ip4s.....

9. thatdrewguy macrumors regular

World phone
    UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz);
    GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

From the 4S Tech Spec page. Obviously if there is no 3G available it will use EDGE. Just because there is no longer a switch to prevent 3G doesn't mean it will only work on 3G and nothing else.

10. jokemjokester macrumors member

jokemjokester

I will wait till next month if this really is true!!!