So not disturb

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by MrMister111, Jul 12, 2013.

1. MrMister111 macrumors 68000

Can someone help me with do not disturb. I work nightshift and so normally I put it on when I goto bed through day.

Currently I don't have any groups so just allow calls from everyone. I need to allow calls from my son, daughter, wife etc in case I'm needed in an emergency.

Trouble is I also get the normal bank calls, people selling stuff calls, dentists etc calling. Hat can I do to only allow calls from specific contacts for example in my address book?

Or what do other people do please? I have an iPhone 5 on latest iOS6 software if makes a difference.

Cheers

2. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Set the people whose calls you would like to go through to favorites. Then go to Settings->Notifications->Do Not Disturb and select the option to allow calls from favorites. Alternatively you could create a group on your computer or from an app on your phone (I know the default contacts app doesn't allow you to add groups and that is annoying) and choose to allow calls from that group through.

3. MrMister111 thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks for that. I don't want to set them as favourites though as this would make them appear in my iPhone phone app favourites as well.

I need to make another group then maybe yes, as you say this is what I may have been thinking but couldn't find a way on the iPhone to make and add people to a group! So I have to do it in my iMac to make a new group and then this will appear on my iPhone via iCloud?

Thanks

4. ~Ks383~ macrumors 6502

Yeah, that's exactly what you have to do. You cannot make groups on your phone. Annoying, I know. Once you put them in a contact group you should be able to set up do not disturb to let their calls through.