So now that Iphone 4 is near and flash is gone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacChinoNyc, Jun 9, 2010.

1. MacChinoNyc macrumors 6502

any hopes as to how we'll be able to watch videos on sites? Without jailbreaking anyways. Is HTML 5 the only video saviour? If so, when is that coming to the iphone browser? Just questions that come to mind before I make the move from bb to iphone.

2. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

The iPhone already supports the HTML 5 video tag, but it only can play back videos encoded in h.264.

3. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, you seem to have a jailbroken phone. Can you see flash videos on sites? Any work arounds?

4. chriskzoo macrumors 6502

I think by the end of the year sites that want to have their content available on a mobile platform will move away from Flash completely (many already have). Sure, the Droid Incredible supports it, but the few demos of it I have seen pretty much backed up much of what Jobs said (crashes, etc.)./

5. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

There was a workaround that worked for some videos, but I don't think it's being actively developed now. Personally, I don't find much need for Flash.

6. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 4 does have Flash, LED.

Flash memory too.

7. Built macrumors 68020

Facebook *SAYS* they are working on it...I hate the fact that I can't play embedded videos.

8. MacChinoNyc thread starter macrumors 6502

I just dont want to see that little blue lego cube on my new iphone 4, you know.

[​IMG]

9. Built macrumors 68020

I know!