So now that there is no update...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gaelan, Jun 10, 2007.

  1. gaelan macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2005
    #1
    Is there an expected time for an iMac update? Keep reading different reports/opinions varying from 3 weeks to September.

    If I order an imac now, what is the time frame of eligibility to get in on any near future update?
     
  2. zap2 macrumors 604

    zap2

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2005
    Location:
    Washington D.C
    #2
    Very possible...the iMac update is coming, in one form or another. Either a whole design, replacement of the iMac name, or a same formfactor, new insides....if the iMac isn't updates tomorrow, and I was in the market for an iMac, I'd keep waiting.

    Of course I'm never in huge need of a new computer. If one was, that would change the game.
     
  3. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

    nickster9224

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2006
    Location:
    35 Miles From Chicago, Illinois
    #3
    if the imac is updated the stock will all be moved to refurbished in the apple store
     
  4. weeman macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 6, 2007
    #4
    I would say if there is no imac update tomorrow, expect one before leopard comes out.
     
  5. gaelan thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2005
    #5
    i was afraid of that response

    unfortunately, i'm kind of getting to that point. after 5-6 years, i think this old box has about had it. plus mrs. gaelan is not as patient as me.
     
  6. gaelan thread starter macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2005
    #6
    Is there an expected time for an imac update? Keep reading different reports/opinions varying from 3 weeks to September.

    If I order an imac now, what is the time frame of eligibility to get in on any near future update?
     
  7. roland.g macrumors 603

    roland.g

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2005
    Location:
    One mile up and soaring
    #7
    I am in the market for either a new iMac, Mac Pro or mid-tower.

    WWDC did not reveal a mid-tower, so I would not expect one before next year, if ever.

    I already got burned buying an Apple TV prior to the HD revision. I would have paid the extra $100 for the 160GB over the 40 that I got.

    At this point I am holding out for either iMac revisions, preferably the aluminum that we heard rumored, or for a Mac Pro revision, a real one, as in mobo and graphics options. Till then Apple isn't getting any of my stored up cash. And I have a fair amount. I am not waiting for Leopard, just something worth buying, and as I do not need a portable, I won't get lulled into getting a 15" LED MBP, especially since there are no Cinema Display updates to go with it.
     
  8. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

    richard4339

    Joined:
    Sep 6, 2006
    Location:
    Illinois
    #8
    No one really knows when one is coming out, all we have are the rumors. It could come out tomorrow, or next year, or never. All we know is that statistically, it is due.

    As far as upgrades, if you buy an iMac now, you'll get that iMac. If an update comes out between when you purchase the iMac and the time it arrives at your home, you could return it and simply order a new one. If you buy it at an Apple Store, then you get whatever they have at the time.

    If an update comes out within 14 days of your purchase, and you have not changed any of the default build options, you can return the iMac and purchase a new one, however, if the box has been opened, they will charge you a 10% restocking fee. If you purchase a computer with custom options from the apple store online, however, it is not returnable unless defective.
     
  9. roland.g macrumors 603

    roland.g

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2005
    Location:
    One mile up and soaring
    #9
    Which is why I have taught my Credit Card three tricks. Sit, stay, and play dead.

    I never buy anything that isn't BTO.
     

Share This Page