So... Of the free cases offered to us:

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Pookieinc, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Pookieinc macrumors member

Which case did you pick and do you like it? I'm trying to decide which one to get...

2. appview macrumors member

appview

I don't have an iPhone 4 but my friend has one and he ordered a Speck Candyshell and he loves it.

3. Irrational macrumors member

4. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

I went with the Pixelskin HD, but didn't wanna wait so I got it from eBay this weekend and wasn't too impressed with it personally. I changed to a Bumper and hopefully I will get it soon. I'm rockin my Speck Geometric now

5. Autopilot638 macrumors 6502

I don't think the Candyshell is one of the options...

6. appview macrumors member

appview

I must admit I haven't looked at the options as I don't have an i4 but he said he got it in the case program. He might be wrong though.

7. alekparker macrumors newbie

they are'nt offering candyshell

i ordered the pixelskin HD because it's had good reviews. it seems the most durable and i'm prone to dropping my iPhones lol

8. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

CandyShell isn't an option like others have said. Your friend may just be a bonehead.

I got the Incase Snap Case. Says prepared for shipment, should be coming shortly.

9. Jashmid macrumors regular

Ordered Incase Snap Smoke. I like the minimalistic design. It's not shipped yet. But I'm assuming that it's going to be of the same quality as my 3Gs Incase Snap.

Right now, I have the Bumper. Built quality is great and I do not mind the open back design (like it, actually). But I'm not a big fan of its soft rubbery edges. Don't like silicon/rubber cases in general.

10. Jashmid macrumors regular

Clear or Smoke? US or Intl?

11. Orlandorealtor macrumors regular

Orlandorealtor

12. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Clear and US (which you could have gotten by looking at my location).

13. lordking65 macrumors regular

I wish they would have the Incase Slider... or at least the Speck GeoMetric

14. The Destroyer macrumors member

Griffin Reveal Etch becuase it has decent protection and has a Carbon Fibre backing. :D

15. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

i picked the bumper. only problem is that you can't use a ton of headphones with it, because the headphone hole is round for headphones that have a connector like the one on the default apple headphones. kinda makes me wonder if i should have went with pixelskin hd instead.

16. mzd macrumors 6502a

the poll/thread is here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=974812

i went with the Speck Fitted. i already have a bumper (got it used so no refund) and this seemed to offer the most protection of the bunch, being a hard case. i'll use it when i'm out camping and such, when i need more protection.

17. psblake macrumors member

I just got notice my griffin reveal etch is on the way should be here the 14th. Got it because it looked cool we shall see.

18. ag101 macrumors newbie

I picked the bumper.. I prefer the "naked" look on my phone paired with a screen/back protector.

19. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

I went with the Speck Fitted wanted to try there new fitted i liked the ipad fitted alot so i figured this would be just as good

20. uanuglyfool macrumors regular

uanuglyfool

So do I, but i recently ditch the bumper cuz I noticed it leaves marks on the metal band. Anyone else notice this??

21. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

22. uanuglyfool macrumors regular

uanuglyfool

I'll try to get a pic but yeah. The crap that gets under the bumper rubs up against the band.

23. nexedzero macrumors regular

nexedzero

I havent had that issue and i use the bumpers alot i also use my scosche bandedge its a bit better then the bumpers in my opinion here is a review of it i shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf-2BjGyDHc

24. billycuth macrumors 6502a

I have yet to be able to even get my hands on an iphone yet, let alone a free case for it - I have my eye on the pixelskin HD but also the Griffin Reveal Etch. Would love to hear thoughts from people that own these two cases.

I may just get the bumper and used screen protectors on the glass. Can't decide.

25. kb0616 macrumors regular

kb0616

Has anyone rec'd their free Apple bumper from the app program? I ordered mine on the 1st of August and am just wondering how long it takes. Thanks.