So, PC is still the central hub...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cod3rror, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

iCloud was advertised as something to become the centre, the central hub for your stuff... yet it only stores 1000 images, and for 30 days, and you only get 5GB... In other words you'll still have to keep all your pictures on your PC and sync from there.

And if I just "save pictures I want to keep in my library" what will keep them in sync? First I'll have to go device by device and select pictures I want to keep, then if I want a new picture to keep, I'll again have to go device by device and save that picture to the library.

Kinda defeats the purpose.

It's much easier to have the PC as a centre with lots of storage and sync all devices to and from there.

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

A thousand pics for on the go browsing isn't tiny. If you want a pic from Bob's 1973 wedding then yeah...go back to your computer.

3. Gen macrumors 6502a

Gen

No, you keep your pictures on your devices. You can interchange which device stores which element.

4. LoganT macrumors 68020

From Thisismynext.com

2:51 pm "It'll be turned on by default. We're also giving everyone 5GB for storage of mail — and apps and books don't count. And we're not counting Photo Stream."

So maybe after 30 days you can use the 5GB's of storage for photos?

5. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

I think the 30 day 1000 pic thing was to give you time to move it to your own "cloud' whether that is a web based or personal based system.... OR to encourage you to upgraded to more space for a price .... Just the skeptic in me thinking outloud