So pleasantly suprised with the new iMacs

Discussion in 'iMac' started by henrikrox, May 3, 2011.

1. henrikrox macrumors 65816

henrikrox

Quad Core over the entire line
    6970 (Fastest single mobile gpu card from amd)
    Two thunderbolt ports

I really dont understand people complaining about Apple's high prices

You get a beautiful ips display with a high resolution, state of the art cpu, with hd webcam, wireless keyboard and mice, and a very good gpu.

And a design to drool over.

**** ye apple. You didnt skimp out on the gpu, you didnt skimp out on the cpu.

Love <3

2. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

It's nice for a change to see positive comments for new released hardware instead of complaining. :)

3. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

I'm liking it as well. Just waiting for Lion to be released, then I will pick one up.
    :)

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Well, there is always a group of people who whines, no matter what Apple does. Some people just seem to be hoping for something that isn't possible. Things like desktop GPUs won't happen, especially not something like AMD 6970.

5. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

That, and a free iPod Touch come the end of the month :)

Right, and how long has Apple been supplying iMacs with mobile GPUs? It's not like this is a new thing. Nothing's changed over the past several years.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

White iMac, at least the 24" version had desktop GPUs. Nothing high-end though (7600 GT). Apple could use mid-class desktop GPUs in iMac but I bet people would complain even more since they are slower or at least not faster. The 6970M could as well be underclocked and -volted 6850 but it would't be any faster, since that is what 6970M essentially is.