So pre purchase from?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by No1up, Mar 17, 2011.

1. No1up macrumors regular

Apple, B&H, macmall, macconnection??

Best place?

2. ninjadex macrumors 6502

When you order from B&H, they will charge you up front. They've also been less than truthful with the preorder situation.

3. David R macrumors 6502

Based on everything I have read and my previous experiences with them, I would recommend macconnection.

You can also double down - place an order with Apple and another one with macconnection and cancel whichever one hasn't shipped once you get a shipment email.

4. No1up thread starter macrumors regular

Will they charge the whole amount?

5. David R macrumors 6502

You can call and ask, but, again, based on my previous experiences with them, macconnection, like Apple, will do a pre-authorization, but not actually charge you until it ships.

Be very careful if you are using a debit card or a card close to the credit limit. If you get 2 pre-auths at once, you could be out of that much money until they expire. The money is not actually taken out of your account, but it's sort of "reserved" for a few days until it disappears or they push the charge through.

The actual real charge will happen when it ships.

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Without question, APPLE!

They are the only seller who can accurately predict supply, and you can be sure that they will handle the transaction scrupulously.

If a reseller is claiming "5 day wait" when Apple is showing "4 week wait", I would be very skeptical.

7. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Apple. At least you know when you'll get it for sure.