So rMBP13 or 15 now?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fussball9999, Oct 23, 2012.

1. fussball9999 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have been waiting for the 13 inch announcement for quite a while now, and you know, with times, my expectations were raising... So now we are looking at 1699 at the basis version... I am not that into the inside of the computer, but all of guys are complaining about the graphic card, no discrete something, only 128sd, only this, only that... So now I dont know what to do?

Im gonna get the student discount, but which model would you go for?

Thanks in adance

2. bchreng macrumors 6502a

bchreng

Go with whichever one best suits your needs. If I had the money, I'd go with a 13" rMBP with 128GB. It's small, light and has barely enough memory for me to work on stuff on the go.

3. Jinzen macrumors 6502

It's pretty simple it looks like. $500 savings cost you a ton of power (CPU and GPU). Afford you smaller screen and portability.

4. jkelly17 macrumors newbie

"You're not that into the inside of the computer"? Then what is the point of buying a new computer -_- if you're looking for a sexy computer, then just buy the Macbook Air if you don't care about the "discrete somethings" and "128sd". I don't get how someone could spend $1000+ on a product they know nothing about other than what color it is.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I agree with the poster above. Why not just get a 13" air and save like $700

6. Rizzm macrumors 6502a

If you have money to blow then get whatever you want. There is very little value in the new 13" rmbp, which can't be said for the base model 15". Get a MBA if you want a 13" laptop now.

If you don't NEED a new laptop this year and want a 13" then wait until next year and hope they deliver something less disappointing.

7. golf1410 macrumors 6502a

golf1410

Find out about issues in design. You should wait!

8. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Is there a dedicated graphics chip in the 13"?

I missed it...

9. apparition47 macrumors newbie

nope.

10. cocacolakid macrumors 65816

cocacolakid

I think the average user will have no problems with the integrated graphics, after all, if you've had a MacBook Pro 13" or Mac mini in the last couple of years you're using the same (or slightly last gen) graphics. However, If you're into editing large files like photos or videos, a dedicated graphics card will make a huge difference.

My biggest issue with the price is the 128 GB SSD is standard. That's not enough if you're going to use that as your main computer and do more than check email and surf the web. The 256 GB version is $1999, U.S. That's a lot of money. It may be worth it, but it's hard to look at the regular MacBook Pro at $1019 refurb or $1199 new, which can be upgraded to an SSD if one desires and still have a second hard drive, and not think that is a far better value, at least today.

11. Rhinoevans macrumors 6502

12. jafingi macrumors 65816

jafingi

Gonna get the next 15" rMBP next summer. I cannot work properly with integrated graphics.

13. vpro macrumors 65816

vpro

Next.............

Next will be the................ 14.6 inch retina macbook barf and discontinues the 15 inch one.

Or they can be smart and back on track to release a 17" r-MBP.

Waste of time and resources with this thing, should have done what I said to do, update all the Airs with retina and better performance than current gens, get rid of the current 13 and 15 inchers and update the heck out of the 17" MBP. Makes so much sense than what has been going on lately with these jokers.

14. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I'm confused why you're confused...you admittedly don't know anything about the the inner workings of a computer, are any of these things you think you'll need?

I'm imaging you use internet, send mail and maybe write some docs on your computer, this will be more than enough for your usage.

15. fussball9999 thread starter macrumors newbie

well, if im spending that amount of money for a macbook, i do want advanced technology which is gonna last awhile... right now i got a 2009 imac 27 and a 6yr old sony vaio, so its not like im gonna buy a computer every 2 years ;) plus i do like to play games once in a while, i also like to watch movies in the best resolution and so on... so i do think these inner things matter to me even though i dont about them... thats why i am here, to see what you guys, the experts, think about it :)