So Robert Scoble has a source which told him this about iPhone 8

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasanahmad, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Bbqthis macrumors 6502a

Bbqthis

I feel like that was the journalistic equivalent of those "OMG THIS IS NEXT YEAR'S iPHONE" articles with the cheap renders. Scrolled down and even saw a few in the comments...

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

3. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

What scoble said

"Just had a source that I trust tell me it is a clear piece of glass. With the compute in a strip at the bottom".

translating this talk of it being an all-glass wonderous next level device into saying that the iPhone 8 does mixed reality, VR, AR and AI.

"why did Viv.ai sell to Samsung? I know the founders didn't want to do that".

Apple showed the Viv.ai founders their new Siri for "mixed reality", and the game was over".

4. predation macrumors 65816

Sounds like click bait for his book.

Wait. It is.

5. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

You know when you are a tech guy in the business of investing and making gambles on companies you know 19/20 will fail. That when you have a book to sell, you can just post something that turns out to create a buzz, even if it is not true. If it is ANY way of true, you just get more credit and the buzz repeats the next year.

Typical Scobble. He needs to do THIS to get attention to his book ..

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I have no idea who Scoble is (should I?), but just the description you pasted had me very VERY skeptical. So skeptical that I would bet that it's completely made up nonsense.

7. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

He IS a great guy, and he does know what he is talking about. But I think it's clear that this is just a sales pitch attention grabbing situation. Why can't someone like him just mention he had a great chat that gets him excited about iPhone 8, and have a different platform and post about his book?

Why does it have to be a drama post where he has to point out he doesn't own Apple stock, and that he has this great vr talk, .. and then talks about how rackspace (which he's involved with) does that vr thing (so that benefits them), and some book ..

Common, it's a sales pitch.

8. CPx macrumors 6502

9. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

They're not going to make such a radical change with AR and a transparent display for at least another decade. Even if it was technically possible I don't think I'd want my phone to be one clear piece of glass...

But I do wish Apple would innovate in some radical mind-blowing way for iPhone 8.

10. boodle macrumors member

The real question being, "Why does anyone ever listen to Robert Scoble?"
    Dude is always wrong.

11. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

12. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

He's an agnostic Muslim tech evangelist who rose to prominence by softening Microsoft's image back in its hay day of being "evil." He's had various media positions through the years at various outlets (such as FastCompany). He really hasn't done much since Microsoft but his magnetic personality and social media presence make him liked/followed by many.