Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EM2013

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 2, 2013

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 224

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!
Because you seem awfully mad that Samsung made a phone some lame iPhone color to help sales in SOUTH KOREA.

I guess you could just be extremely business-ignorant.

I guess every company should just shut up shop after the first widget/thing they ever make. If someone else does it one way, cross that off the list, we can't possibly do that!

Color a phone this girly color because our biggest competitors did? How dare they even think that's a thing they can do...the outrage must just be festering inside you imagining all those happy South Koreans enjoying their new fake-gold colored Galaxy.

ItHurtsWhenIP

macrumors 6502
Aug 20, 2013
'Merica!
This is just business really and was predictable from day one. If you can't match what the competitor offers then how are you ever going to compete?

no no no...that logic doesn't make any sense.

Ford sells blue cars, how dare Chevy and BMW and Mercedes sell blue cars also! What a bunch of lame copy-cats. It's an outrage I tell you! Simply madness!!!! And I won't stand for it!

/s

FFR

Suspended
Nov 4, 2007
London
Reactions: TechGod

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Samsung are so blantant with their copying. They are also working on their version of 3d touch. Its not they cant do it but they always do it 1 week after the Apple version. It was the same with the gold colour. At least introduce it for the new model. Doing it for the existing model is pathetic. But then 95% of Samsung phones are pathetic.

Samsung would probably sell more phones if they more widely offered their Titanium silver colour instead of focusing on Apple.

But the usual lot on here will ask for proof, links blah blah.

Last edited:

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
I find this hugely hilarious. Apple should leak they are going to release new Barny purple color phone. Samsung would get stuck with warehouse full of purple phones they can't sell. Or even funnier, they would sell like crazy.

Reactions: GadgetSN

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
I find this hugely hilarious. Apple should leak they are going to release new Barny purple color phone. Samsung would get stuck with warehouse full of purple phones they can't sell. Or even funnier, they would sell like crazy.

So true. Samsung smartwatches are the result of Apple watch leaks.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
So true. Samsung smartwatches are the result of Apple watch leaks.

Samsung released the first WatchPhone back in 1999 called the SPH-WP10

wp10_520x346.jpg

Samsung also released a WatchPhone in France during 2009, called the S9110

s9110-2_520x346.jpg

The sleek S9110 is a mere 11.98mm thick thanks to the company’s advanced surface mounting technology, making it the slimmest watchphone device in the market. Featuring a 1.76” full touch screen customized for the wrist-watch form factor, the S9110 aims to attract mobile phone users who want a unique fashion item that keeps them connected on the go. The device also enables the users to check their e-mail seamlessly through Outlook.

In 1999, Samsung introduced the world’s first watch phone, the SPH-WP10, which became a landmark product in the mobile industry. The S9110 will be available in France this month for around 450 Euros.

Bet lets not let facts get in the way eh?! :rolleyes:

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
FFS...wheres the smiley??

I said Smartwatch.

If you want to talk about a phone watch then Michael Knight beat everyone.

Where is the successor of that Samsung phone watch? Wheres the 2010,2011 or 2012 version?
Their first smartwatch was the Gear which was rushed out on the back of Apple watch rumours.

Last edited:

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
I think it's pretty sad that Samsung HAS to offer the same new colors as Apple...oh wait, it's "pink gold" not "rose gold" so it's completely different :rolleyes: Too bad cause I thought some of their other color options were really nice (like the blue one).

They'll steal 3D Touch and add it to the Galaxy S7, so I'm not surprised at this color option. It must suck to not be the trend-setter anymore like with the bigger screens and going back to being the trend-follower :D

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK

I said Smartwatch.

Where is the successor of that Samsung phone watch? Wheres the 2010,2011 or 2012 version?
Their first smartwatch was the Gear which was rushed out on the back of Apple watch rumours.

I think a watch which allows you to make phone calls and check emails etc but anyones standard would be classed as a Smartwatch, just back then they went with the term Watchphone.

Amazing that Samsung managed to R&D and produce the Samsung Gear almost 2 years before the Apple Watch was released - based solely on rumours :rolleyes:

In fact, the picture of the s9110 looks pretty similar to the Gear.

Maybe Apple saw that Samsung had previously released a Watchphone and wanted to copy them ;)

Amazing how some Apple fanatics manage to get themselves worked up over something so trivial such as the colour of a phone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: khha4113

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
It always amazes me how utterly moronic these types of posts sound. I like someone else comment, oh no Ford decided to also make a blue car, sums up the stupidity.

Competition is good, it pushes these guys to always up their game. If Samsung didn't exist Apple would have never released a phablet, and I rather like my 6s+.

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
I think you all miss the point. Yes manufacturers copy one another. However, this post is about the extreme lengths Samsung goes to when Apple are concerned.

If you want facts, Samsung have produced many pink phones in the past for their other models. But the above is blatant copying of Apple.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

I said Smartwatch.

The Gear S is a Samsung phone watch released in 2014.

I HIGHLY doubt Samsung rushed out the Gear 1 because of the apple watch, it was released years ahead of the apple watch, lol. I don't understand why people care so much, it's the way all industries are with competitors. Obviously Apple does their fair share of copying, but who cares?

At least the front matches the back color.

Yep, at least they improved on Apple's design.

I think you all miss the point. Yes manufacturers copy one another. However, this post is about the extreme lengths Samsung goes to when Apple are concerned.

If you want facts, Samsung have produced many pink phones in the past for their other models. But the above is blatant copying of Apple.

Apple blatantly copied the phablet design from Samsung, that's pretty extreme as well. But who cares? I'm glad they copied it so I can buy and enjoy it.

Dave.UK

macrumors 65816
Sep 24, 2012
Kent, UK
They'll steal 3D Touch and add it to the Galaxy S7, so I'm not surprised at this color option. It must suck to not be the trend-setter anymore like with the bigger screens and going back to being the trend-follower :D

Steal 3D Touch?

This feature, known elsewhere as Force Touch, isn't anything new. Android has supported Force Touch since its early days, but pretty much no manufacturers actually bothered to capitalise. The first we've seen it is on the Huawei Mate S, which only just launched at IFA 2015.

Of course, some of the 3D Touch's best uses have already been seen elsewhere. For instance, Samsung's Galaxy S3 gave you the ability to preview a photo or web link or even a video timeline just by hovering your finger over the screen. However, that was a slow, often irritating mechanic that often failed to work, whereas Apple's 3D Touch is a lot more accurate and super-speedy.

So while 3D Touch isn't exactly original, at least Apple smashed out a proper good version of it with genuine uses, where pretty much no one else bothered.
https://recombu.com/mobile/article/did-apple-steal-all-of-the-iphone-6s-best-features

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas

Thank you for this post! It's so obvious that Samsung is taking advantage of riding the popularity wave of the rose gold color because they could have easily launched the S6 with this color (since they knew about it from the Apple Watch).

Their "pink gold" color would have not sold as well earlier in the year because Apple had not made its rose gold popular yet. Then again, they might not sell that many pink gold S6's, I mean who would buy one when the S7 is rumored to be released in four months?

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
I think it's pretty sad that Samsung HAS to offer the same new colors as Apple...oh wait, it's "pink gold" not "rose gold" so it's completely different :rolleyes: Too bad cause I thought some of their other color options were really nice (like the blue one).

110% agree here, it's not like Apple ever copied a color, oh wait...

HTC%20One_Silver_3V.jpg

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
Steal 3D Touch?
If their previous technology is so good, why did they remove it and are now planning on incorporating a 3D Touch-like feature to their next phone? They're gonna steal the 3D Touch feature even if their previous ones did similar things, so that's pretty sad. They should have at least tried to prefect theirs first.

110% agree here, it's not like Apple ever copied a color, oh wait...

View attachment 593028
That was after the silver iPhone 5. Try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.