So, should upgrade my macbook pro 15"? thoughts please.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Eggtastic, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Eggtastic macrumors 6502a

Eggtastic

My macbook pro is 3 years old from christmas time. Its the silver one with the removable battery. 2.16 ghz, 2gb ram, about 110 hard drive space with 50% of it used up. Runs fine, a bit of slowing going on, a little worn. Then there is these gray marks on my screen that have been forming in a few spots. they dont look like dead pixels. i took it to apple and the guy there couldnt figure it out but offered to replace for $700. i can easily sell this model and buy a brand new low end mbp 15" for about the same with the money i make off this one.

I dont do much beside internet use, microsoft word, games, and some photoshop stuff, and music. It be nice to upgrade to a nicer looking model and now might be the time do to so before this current model drops in price even more. I dont really care for the update because word of mouth is that itll be more powerful and for my use I dont need a whole lot of power.

Just want some of your thoughts and perspectives. thanks.

2. Cali3350 macrumors regular

Qualify what you mean by games. If you mean flash games then its no biggie. If you mean actual computer games in windows then you def want to wait. The new models should have MUCH better graphical capabilities.

3. quadG5guy macrumors member

Like Solitaire? Minesweeper? What constitutes an "actual computer game in windows"?

4. Cali3350 macrumors regular

Something you purchase to play, like DOW2, Crysis, Mass Effect, etc.

I feel it was rather obvious.