So Siri is 4S Only? C'mon!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, Oct 4, 2011.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

There's gonna have to be a workaround or JB for this right?

I wanna talk to Siri!

2. deathcab4xtina macrumors regular

It wont take long. Or maybe some 3rd party versions.

3. spidertaker23 macrumors regular

Yea I just don't understand it. It could at least be for the iPhone 4. If they think it needs the 4s cpu then fine ... why isn't it available on the ipad 2?

I am only mad about it because my wife has a iPhone 4 on vz and she would really like the siri feature.

Also I think it's bs because apple put siri in the 4s ... that they had to remove the old siri app from the app store. That's just dumb. What about people who have iPhone 4's that are under contract until next October like my wife! Won't even let them keep using the old app ... that's just mean.

Normally I don't jailbreak ... but if apple doesn't give the iPHone 4 siri ... and the community fixes it I might have too! Kinda lame.

4. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Needed to have at least 1 attractive feature in the new phone lol

5. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Siri might just be the spark for massive amounts of people to jailbreak again.

6. phaggard macrumors regular

You the cool new car and the next year they come out with the turbo model. They have to sell the latest model. If they gave us everything all at once they would be out of business and there would be no more new Iphones.

7. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Siri apparently uses AI algorithms according to various things I read about it. Those things need powerful hardware. We had to do a lot with AI in some of my college classes and on very fast hardware, the logic took some serious time to execute. Seeing how this is mobile phone hardware I'm not surprised.

I have no clue how much AI or what kinds they use but I am not at all surprised it needs the extra power.

8. spidertaker23 macrumors regular

Well how can you block such an important feature on a phone that they realistically just came out with on vz like 6 months ago!

Man they gave the 3gs multitasking! That's like the same idea!

9. AIP5 macrumors 6502a

It's okay, it's not that exciting.

I've had the Siri app on my 3GS for over 2 years now, and I have only used it for a month. The first month, that is. It was really cool and exciting for the first month or so, but after a while, it got boring and tedious.

Plus, the interface in iPhone 4S is EXACTLY like the Siri app. The same text bubbles, same sort of confirmation of what you said, etc. I can't believe it took them this long to get it on the iPhone if their intention was to just copy and paste Siri into 4S's iOS 5.

Basically, it will be cool and all for the first month or so, but there is a major chance that you'll get bored to talking to your iPhone.