So still no matte screen for the MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by comedine, Jun 8, 2009.

1. comedine macrumors member

Apple products are becoming far too narrow. I have a 2yr old MBP and desperately want to upgrade, but a glossy screen is a no-go. I'm stumped.

And don't get me started on the 3GS. Rubbish. Every other phone and PMP has OLED screens. Except the iPhone.

2. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

get the 17" :p

but seriously i agree i would like to have seen a matte option even tho i dont mind the glassy/glossy screen if nothing else just to keep the ppl on MR happy.

3. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I did think they would offer it as an option on at least the 15".

4. comedine thread starter macrumors member

The 17" is just too big. My 15" is my friend!

I'm genuinely totally stumped. I love eveything else (OS X, SD slot etc. etc.) but simply cannot use a glossy screen.

I'm seriously wondering if this will push me to look at PCs. I can't just keep holding on keynote after keynote on the off-chance that they reinstate the matte screen.

I'm actually quite shell-shocked.

5. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

You can get a matte conversion from techrestore It's $200, but it's still something to consider.

6. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

there is a site out there that will replace the glossy screen of the new 15" if you are willing to spend some extra money. i cant remember the name of the site. will keep an eye out for it or maybe someone else can provide it.

7. Mark2000 macrumors regular

Mark2000

I thought they would remove the 17" matte screen option, frankly. It's never coming back on the other models, that's for sure.

8. sparkie7 macrumors 68000

sparkie7

Never say never. If enuff ppl bitch about it Apple may bring it back and charge us an extra $40 bucks while doing it. They (Apple) ain't dumb asses :D:D

9. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

I'm not sure about that, after all, Apple's been slowly transitioning all it's products over to glossy (remember the BTO glossy option for MBPs back in '06?) I fear they will soon replace the 30" with a glossy display, and get rid of the 17" matte option :(

10. magallanes macrumors regular

and voiding the warranty ?.

11. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

oh, good point, I didn't even think of that! It really does suck that Apple is so committed to this shiny bollocks. If I wanted to see myself, I'd buy a mirror. ;)

12. magallanes macrumors regular

Silly Apple, Glassy are for narcissists.

13. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

I'd love to see a matte option, but I'd also love to see Apple put in 8 bit screens instead of the 6 bits ones they have at the moment.