Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KALLT

macrumors 603
Sep 23, 2008
Neither look good, they're passable. I miss the days when icons had a tremendous amount of detail and required more craftsmanship. These vector graphics with pictograms and simple gradients bore me, one is worse than the other. iTunes in particular has seen so many redesigns over the years that I presume this new one will not stay with us for more than two years. People will complain about the new one as they have always done.

Reactions: bmwtech113

Stuipdboy1000

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Looks like a new icon on the Watch too.

Attachments

• iPhone6-Watch-iOS9-WatchOS2-Home-PR-PRINT.png
    iPhone6-Watch-iOS9-WatchOS2-Home-PR-PRINT.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 1,041

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
Thank God you two aren't in charge of iOS design.

Were @Bkfraiders7 and I in charge of iOS design, people would be mesmerized by the quality of our work to the point of being unable to look at anything but our icons. People wouldn't move or eat, workers wouldn't go to their jobs, and civilization would come to a slow, bitter end. It is truly devine that we're not in charge of iOS design.

Reactions: PowerBook-G5

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I wonder if the iTunes icon will change again in El Capitan because the current iTunes 12.2 icon doesn't match the El Capitan promotional images.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I wonder if the iTunes icon will change again in El Capitan because the current iTunes 12.2 icon doesn't match the El Capitan promotional images.

I don't see that happening, there's just no point. It looks like they just changed their minds. What's to be gained from changing it again?

Reactions: Traverse
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.