Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djvic87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 14, 2009
I know this sounds late to ask but I just want to know if it's upgradable after 4gb of ram. If its not, I guess im stuck with a very rare mac. When I purchased the 2.4 stock version, I made sure that it would last me for a couple of years. Now that I hear about the 8gb upgrades and that my 2.4 cant take it, it kind of makes me wonder that my umbp is definitely outdated..

Should I say that my UMBP is also a classic?:D

CPD_1

macrumors 6502
Nov 17, 2007
South East Texas
I know this sounds late to ask but I just want to know if it's upgradable after 4gb of ram. If its not, I guess im stuck with a very rare mac. When I purchased the 2.4 stock version, I made sure that it would last me for a couple of years. Now that I hear about the 8gb upgrades and that my 2.4 cant take it, it kind of makes me wonder that my umbp is definitely outdated..

Should I say that my UMBP is also a classic?:D

The previous gen UMBP is upgradeable to 6 gigs of RAM. It's not obsolete. It's just not top of the line. There wont be anything you can't feasibly run in the next several years. You're fine.

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Not directed to OP but to the people complaining about the not being able to stick 8GB, are you really going to use 8GB or are you just complaining that you can't do what other MacBook Pro's can?

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Not directed to OP but to the people complaining about the not being able to stick 8GB, are you really going to use 8GB or are you just complaining that you can't do what other MacBook Pro's can?

Some people just need to complain, it's a genetic deficiency they suffer from.

Why complain about a notebook not being able to do something, that nobody said it could do ??????????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.