So the 4s can record at 60fps (FiLMiC Pro 2)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by d3v1l.cr0, Sep 14, 2012.

1. d3v1l.cr0 macrumors member

The app "FiLMiC Pro 2" was just announced today and I have tested it. Turns out you can record at 60fps and the quality of the video is amazing. All of you who have used previous version of this app know that this option was there before but it wasn't working well. It has improved greatly and I can recommend you guys to download it because recording at 60fps is a lot better than 30fps or lower. And also now you can zoom in and out while recording video!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filmic-pro-2/id555853307?mt=8

2. Qaanol macrumors 6502a

Does it have the ability to export at a different framerate than the recording, in order to achieve true slow motion?

Specifically, can this app record at 60fps and export to the camera roll as a 30fps movie with all frames included, so the playback is at half-speed?

And, if so, how does the app handle stretching the audio track to the same duration as the now-doubled video length?

3. Butthead macrumors 6502

Butthead

^shill, if u ask me. Why is 60fps "a lot better" than 30fps or lower?

What might make the quality better is the higher bit rate recording option. To be more 'film' like, as in the name of the app, 24fps is the standard rate you'd want to record to make it more 'film' like in the look.

4. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Slopro does the same exact thing and its been out for a while.