So The Chair Broke...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MadDoc, May 10, 2008.

1. MadDoc macrumors 6502

MadDoc

There I was sat at the table with my fiancee and some friends having dinner (home made pizza - very nice) with a glass of wine in my hand when...BAM...chair breaks and I'm arse down, legs up.

Worsened by asking my guests to "rub the booboo". Not my finest moment.

Damn I'm sore!

MadDoc,

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Time for some new furniture, perhaps?

In high school, I had a teacher who sat in front of the class on a stool. He was morbidly obese. When he sat on the stool, it broke and he fell down. This being high-school, everyone cracked up and couldn't stop laughing. He told us all to shut up, and I think he cried afterwards. Man, I felt soooo bad........and yet I kept laughing. I really don't know why. Even today, if I saw a guy break a chair, I'm sure I'd still laugh. It's not to be a jerk, but....

Um......did you guys have a good laugh about it? Any food on you afterwards?

3. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

If the chair breaks... fix it.

I was at a wedding where the chairs in the chapel were made of soft plastic with smooth pads on the bottom of the legs. The chapel floor was polished smooth. The chair legs would spread and finally give way. A number of people went down during that service... and yes it was the big ones first.

4. MadDoc thread starter macrumors 6502

MadDoc

I guess you get what you pay for ($15 at Target). The irony is that I deemed a "muscle legend" on Wii fit that one of my guests had bought over so I don't think it was my weight!

We all had a good laugh (at my expense).

:)

5. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Did you spill your wine?? :eek:

Once, many moons ago, I was at a company golf tournament. Had a tall cup of gin and bitter lemon in my hand, and proceeded to sit down in a lawn chair.

The webbing completely disintegrated, and I wound up with my ass through the frame, and my arms and legs in the air.

Didn't spill a drop.

One of my proudest moments. :D

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Haha, silly.
    Back in school me and 2 friends were heading cross the grounds to get a coach to see some play. We saw this really big teacher (our IT guy) walk past us and down some steps. A moment later and we heard a banging noise and "oof!". Poor chap fell down the last few steps! He was okay but it did make us crack a bit of a smile.