So then, bad idea to buy iBook now?

neoelectronaut

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
2,982
1,015
Southeastern Louisiana
Well, the main MacRumors site said "Don't Buy - Updates Soon".

I was planning on buying one after Tiger was released, but if they're gonna get updates soon I'll just wait for that. Hopefully it'll be soon and not in...September or something.
 

7254278

macrumors 68020
Apr 11, 2004
2,365
0
NYC
Ive been waiting to get an ibook for about a year now and Im getting one as soon as they update(should be soon). If I was you I would wait!
 

Macheath_Messer

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2003
38
0
Ringgold, GA
Bad idea for me

Well, it was a bad idea for me to have just bought an iBook in the last week, I'm afraid, at least from these viewpoints:
  • Potential updates to the iBook line very soon
  • The announcement of Tiger today screws me over because I purchased my lovely new iBook exactly one week ago!

Right now, I'm most flabberghasted about the Tiger update. :mad: I'll be in contact with Apple in the next couple days. I'm going to pray they'll have mercy and let me on this boat!

As far as buying now: if you need the iBook now (like I did last week), then get one, by all means. My little 12.1" model is running very nicely. If you don't need it right away, then wait. :)

FWIW, now I'm going to go back to sulking about the cutoff date for receiving a "free" update to Tiger! :mad:
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.