So there will be a white iPhone in the UK....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MrT8064, Jul 8, 2008.

1. MrT8064 macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

I just called my local Carphone warehouse, and he confirmed (several times) that there WOULD be a 16gb white iPhone on friday

but people had already reserved it, he then offered to put me on a list - warning me that demand already outweighs the stock of white iPhones so i may have to wait up to 2 weeks!

2. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

bascially hes trying to secure your busniess in full knowledge that they are not coming in stock for 3 weeks.

They are taking white order on Aug 1st.

3. philgilder macrumors 68000

you are not allowed to pre-order the iphone for in store collection

4. MrT8064 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MrT8064

i wonder if this was a non-official list? or indeed they will just make us wait until the 1st of august....

....if that was the case, i wouldnt mind too much, as my birthday is the 4th, it would make a good present to myself!

5. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Got a link to the white order for the 1st august?

6. dog299 macrumors regular

they said that for the first Iphone launch but i was able to join an unoffical list at CPW and got one. Going to speak to the same contact tonight about doing the same for the new one!

I hope there is be White one; does seem strange that there isn't!? :confused:

7. tico24 macrumors 6502

tico24

My local o2 store told me that there will be white iphones in stock on Friday.

8. The Phazer macrumors 68030

Basically at least half of O2/CW are lying on this, because they keep saying completely contradictory things.

Phazer

9. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

You are - you can set the delivery address to "collect in store" if you order from CPW

10. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Just the one?
    ;)

Boy people are going to be angry.

11. vincebio macrumors 6502a

vincebio

no i havent im afraid, so you can take from this info what you wish..

basically, on trying to order mines yesterday, i saw that it said ONLY BLACK on the website....so i phoned my mate who works in the Glasgow O2 operations centre.
    He told me the white phones are coming in 3 weeks time.
    O2 are looking at doing pre-orders every monday until stock is up to full stretch, so the white one will be available on 28th july for Aug 1st delivery.

I have posted this info on a couple of other threads, as its good to get this to people...but of course, on macrumors, pictures or it didnt happen :)

its up to you guys....but i will be online at 8am on july 28th

12. Badgerguy macrumors member

There seems to be allot of confusion. I certainly wouldn't trust CPW given that official complaints have been upheld against them in the past, including mis-selling related to the first iPhone.

The O2 shop only allowed orders of the black iPhone (indeed, it still shows that "iPhone 3G is only available in black") - so it's probably safe to assume that the white iPhone won't be available in the shops either.

If you simply must have the white one - well, very little official news is available on when it's coming - it will get here I'm sure of that, the UK Apple site shows the same photos as the US site (ie, both black or white models) after all.

For me, I still hadn't decided my preference - the white one looks nice yes, but easy to 'stain' - the black one is nice, but shows up fingerprints badly. However, if they only have black on Friday - then black it is, so long as it's 16GB!

--
    BG

13. MojoWill macrumors 6502