So theres NO way...?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ThunderApple, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Alright well my Early Upgrade date is 1/6/11 which sucks because its 5 days away...Now is there ANY way i can do this:

*Get the iPhone 4 but NOT start a new two year contract? As in use an iPhone 4 on the same bill and contract that is on my 3GS. Now i was hoping i could just buy a iP4 and swap the SIM but i found out it was a Micro Sim :(

So does anyone know HOW i can get the iPhone 4 and use it with the same contract thats on my 3GS so that my early upgrade is still 1/6/11 incase theres another iPhone next year.

I was telling myself to hold out till next year but i cant with new electronic..and i wont be able too next year as well. So can anyone help me on this? :apple:

EDIT: No i do not want to get the No-Comminment iP4. I heard you have to pay monthly...

2. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

lol, but that's exactly what the "no-commitment" is... You are paying the unsubsudized 599-699 for the phone and not renewing your contract.

3. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes but your also paying an extra monthly bill.

4. KBlessitt macrumors newbie

KBlessitt

"No Commitment" means when you pay the full price of the iPhone you have the ability to cancel your AT&T service when ever you like. If you were to buy the "no commitment" phone than you would keep you current upgrade date.

Now AT&T offers an early upgrade plan that should let you pay $299 for the 16 and $399 for the 32 it may be about $100 more I am not sure.

5. KBlessitt macrumors newbie

KBlessitt

You do not pay an extra bill you just keep the current bill that is attached to your 3GS, for the "no commitment" phone. you can open another line on you current plan and than you would have another monthly payment.

6. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm what do you mean by that exaclty if you dont mind me asking?

I heard that when you buy the no commitment phone that your gonna have to pay a monthly charge ALONG side my current 3GS phone. Which i dont want to do because i already about about $105 a month. Now if i can just go to Apple and buy the no commiment and transfer all my files into the iP4 which NO monthly charges because the little fee you pay at the Apple store, then i know what to do but i heard you have to start paying a fee monthly with the no comminment phone.

7. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

You can pay full retail price and not re-up your contract. $599 for the 16 or $699 for the 32. Any kind of subsidized price requires a new 2 year commitment. The discounted price is the hook, the new contract is the catch. Or you can buy one via private sale such as CL or Ebay.

8. torid110 macrumors regular

No, there's not an extra monthly charge. You just pay your normal AT&T bill. The reason the price is higher is that AT&T is not subsidizing the price because you are not locked into a 2 year contract.

9. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

You can walk in and buy a no commitment phone without attaching it to any line at all as far as I know.

You are paying the full unsubsidized price for the phone, so you own it outright.

You certainly COULD add a line, but you don't need to.

599/699 is the price to upgrade your phone without renewing your contract OR to buy a new plan without a contract (kinda pointless since the plans are the same price either way)

10. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Ahhh so theres NO monthly paying and NO extra charges to anything aside from the $599 and $699 price tag correct? And it will be the SAME 2 year plan thats on my 3GS and the SAME early upgrade date correct? Nothing changes?? Just my phone correct? My Current plan goes over to the iP4?

11. Amnesia87 macrumors 6502

Exactly, you aren't changing your plan, you are simply transfering to a microsim and putting that microsim in a different phone.

You can walk in and buy a ip4 for 599/699 without any plan at all.

12. ThunderApple thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank You!

NOW does anyone know what is needed for this to happen? Im 15 and anyone know if i can go in and do this myself? I have a debit card for the phone or can use cash.

13. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

Nothing will change. Tho 600 is a lot for a phone

14. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

You need to be over 18 and an authorized user

15. spicyj macrumors member

I'd recommend using a debit card rather than cash, but (in theory), you should have no trouble. Just walk in (when they have it in stock) and tell them that you want to pay full price. One of my friends bought an iPhone for full price and was under 18. I can also confirm that there will be no extra monthly charge, just the $400 initially. When you call in to activate the new SIM, make sure they don't extend your contract (they aren't supposed to).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.