So there's really no way to set custom SMS tones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by daneoni, Aug 20, 2008.

1. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I just found the MGS codec tone and i was looking to make it an SMS tone but no dice. Any workarounds available?

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

3. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

jailbreak only i think!!!

Its something that really annoys me cos i dont see WHY apple havn't implemented!

Im not the petitioning type but this is pushing me all it requires is for apple to let the SMS tone list access your custom ringtones!

4. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I for one am glad they didn't implement it, for the sake of public sanity. Most people would in fact just use a ringtone, and we'd be hearing thousands of iPhones playing Linkin Park clips or Crazy Frog EVERY time someone got an SMS. People's taste in ringtones are bad enough already.

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

google SMS-received.caf. Please, no Linkin Park.

7. daneoni thread starter macrumors G4

daneoni

Nope just the MGS Codec tone

8. samiwas Suspended

I hear ya, MCDJ. Sitting next to a heavy texter in an airport or something is already annoying. Even that phone ring sound would just grate on my nerves after 10 rounds of "OMFG I C U N 2 hrs!". Texting should have no sound. Yeah! Yeah! ;)

9. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

I rely pretty heavily on SMS for business purposes. I need it to be able to wake me up in the middle of the night or alert me if I'm in a loud location. The built in tones are worthless.

What's even more troubling though is the fact that SMS audible notification randomly stops working. Not good.