so there's this girl I like...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ajumbaje, May 17, 2008.

1. ajumbaje macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

I actually met her last night. I set up a college get together with all the college students that go to our church. It was pretty much me just taking initiative and getting something planned back in march for last night.

I don't want to be looking in too deep, but my mom told me that she had talked to another friend's mom about how she was excited for the party and what not and that she was glad that I got something together. (earlier this week)

I finally met her last night, talking about different things, my fraternity, If I know anyone she knows that goes to my school, etc.

It was a group of people, so we were talking about different things, and it seemed that most of the stuff I mentioned that was funny/humiliating(not humiliating at the moment, an example would be me dressing up as a woman at relay for life) to me, she laughed at.

When she left, she hugged me and thanked me a lot for having the party and was up to do more stuff this summer. I had mentioned busch gardens on memorial day and she was all over that. It's gonna be a group going, not just me and her.

I want to get to know her more and what not, but I don't want to take it to the point where she knows that I like her, because it would put me in an awkward situation imo.(I'll be the youth intern at my church(middle and high school))

I do want to ask her out, it's just that when would be a good time if it turns out to be the case?

any advice?

2. pooky macrumors 6502

Yeah. Be a grownup, grow a pair, and ask her out. "Do you want to go out sometime?" works. Or, if you want to be sly, "Want to grab a beer/coffee/whatever?"

Honestly, what's the point of trying to hide the fact that you're interested? You're going to have to let her know eventually, right? It's not like you're asking her to marry you (which would be weird. don't do that).

3. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Yea ... I'd call her up and ask her out for coffee or something like that. I think you have two weeks before memorial day so you could ask her out between now and then. It's probably the best way to find out if you like her or not.

Good luck!!

4. rhsgolfer33 macrumors 6502a

Good advice. I find girls don't like it so much when you beat around the bush forever. (insert amusing remark by Abstract about "beating around the bush" somewhere below).

But yeah, its no big deal man, just ask her for some coffee, its not like that makes you boyfriend and girlfriend, just lets you get to know her more. Its a...date.

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

6. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Maybe they haven't dropped yet??

Seriously, strike while the iron is hot.

A neutral non-threatening location would be best.

NO BOOZE, for now.

7. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

8. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Dude, just ask her out. Don't worry about saying something stupid, just go and ask her to do something. In my experience, movie or bowling followed by dinner is always a good one. And since it will be your first date, so it doesn't have to be fancy, just not anything like McDonald's. After that, if you had a good time, wait a couple days, then give her a call, or go up and talk to her if you see her around, and tell her you had fun and would like to do something again if she's interested.

Hope that's helpful.

After all the dating threads I've subjected MacRumors to, I think it's about time I started giving back. :D

9. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Your ears must have been burning. ;)

(See the Text From Wife thread.)

10. fotografica macrumors 68040

There is no "good" time to ask her out...Strap it on,be yourself and go for it. Whatever you do,don't over analyze the situation..

11. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

I don't see how growing a extra pair of pinky toes is going to help him... that is, if that's what you undoubtedly had in mind.

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Maybe we should clarify and tell him to grow a pair of gonads....and that we're not talking about ovaries.

You want to ask her out without letting her know that you like her? Personally, I think asking her out automatically implies that you like her, but if you can ask her out on a date without showing any bit of interest in her, that's pretty crazy. Girls just love indifference and apathy. Tell us how you do it, because I think many guys would like to be able to ask a girl out without any courage. ;)

I would wait until Memorial Day. If she likes you too, she'll also look forward to the Busch Gardens trip, and getting to know you better. Maybe you can have one chat with her before it. If things end up well like your first meeting, and tension and "excitement" reach their peak, then definitely ask her out. Don't wait until its too late.

Ghall delivering dating advice = :eek: Awesome. Things are going well for you, I presume.

I wouldn't beat a girl's bush. So accusatorial.

13. ajumbaje thread starter macrumors 6502

ajumbaje

I meant that I don't want to ask her out right away, but get to know her before I jump right in. It might seem confusing in words, but hopefully it makes sense.

14. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

15. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

Build a cake? Bake her a cake :D

Bake her a cake and leave it on her front porch.

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

oh soooo much easier said than done lol

17. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Maybe the first couple of times, but with only a little bit of practice it gets pretty easy. You just have to realize that it's not a big deal and that people go out on dates all the time.

18. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Well pooky is right. What's the point of pretending to show no romantic interest in her? If you do that, then she'll do it too, and life is far more confusing that way. She'll either do it because she has no interest in you, or because she doesn't want you to think that she likes you, as you appear to have no interest in her.

If you give her the impression that you're interested in her (without going overboard by wearing a white tux and riding a horse around), then she'll likely show you some interest back if she feels the same way. If she reciprocates this interest, you'll know right away that she'd say "yes" if you asked her out. If you show her interest and she acts indifferent, then you'll know she doesn't like you. You won't even have to ask her out and get rejected.

It's just my opinion, though. Listen to Ghall. He gets all the ladies. ;)

19. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Yes, my girlfriend have been dating since December, though we hit a rough spot a couple weeks ago and ended up breaking up temporarily. We're back together now though.

I've learned quite a few things about girls in that time, so I just want to share my knowledge. :D

20. pooky macrumors 6502

Does she have a window overlooking the street? If so, put on your nicest clothes, wear a beret, grab a guitar, and sing sweet romantic songs to her at 2 AM.

Not overlooking the street? Breaking into her backyard to do it will really show that you care. Just hope she doesn't have a dog.

21. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

[​IMG]

P-Worm

22. jb60606 macrumors 6502a

just follow her around, steal some of her underwear, call her repeatedly and hang up when she answers, maybe a school shooting spree. Chicks love that stuff.

23. eyemacg5 macrumors 6502

eyemacg5

Yeah, I tried that once.
    I was in a rush, made an awesome cake.
    It was a chocolate sponge cake with chocolate cream.
    With a red sheet of icing, and a white sheet over it, the white sheet had a cut out so it said her name in red, it was awesome.

Then i had to go to the bus stop to go and meet her.
    Now the dramatic part
    Going out the door.
    Tripped over the step.
    Face full of cake.
    And I was an hour late meeting her and I didnt have a cake.
    =[

24. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

@iscariot: I don't think your dynamite reference was entirely understood. :D

I drew my girlfriend a picture. It took me like two hours to get the shading on her upper lip...

25. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

I just love your posts :eek: :D

Brilliant.