so thinking of getting first iphone what will I notice from andriod

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdsniper7, Oct 10, 2011.

1. mdsniper7 macrumors newbie

So thinking of getting the 4s, alsways wanted a iphone but almost got the bionic cause i love 4g, however I love how iphones dont have a new one every month. So first question is what will I notice the most between android and ios? Second I don't know what color to get is there any differences I noticed the white one has something else on the bezel? And lastly do u think the camera on the iphone will save me the money on a digital camera?

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I will say this much, my iPhone replaced my point and shoot. It will save you money in that regard. Remember, the best camera is one that you have with you.

3. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

It just work out of the box! Very friendly user experience. Clean UI with less widget everywhere that you can do with your Android phone. From an Android, iOS, and WebOS user here! My Android is so messy that I had to make it clean as much as I can like on my iPhone 4. The thing I notice with Android is you can add zillion of the same widget which doesn't make any sense. For example clock widget.

4. theperipheral macrumors 6502

You'll first notice that the phone isn't a piece of ****.

Then you'll notice how perfectly it works, and how seamless the experience is.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

The "something else" on the bezel is there on both black and white, it's just more visible on the white. It's the proximity sensor so the phone knows when you've put it to your ear.

6. Paulywauly macrumors 6502a

Paulywauly

First thing i noticed was the sheer ease of use it all is, its almost idiot proof.

As a first timer who is moving from Android please let us know what your experience is like if you do take the plunge! :)

7. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

-no more choppiness. Everything is as smooth as silk
    -your media can easily be put on your device, and synced both ways
    -you'll have more apps to choose from, and you'll be the first to get most apps (iOS is targeted before Android)
    -better keyboard (seriously... You can try basically every keyboard out there on Android, but the iOS keyboard has really great advantages)
    -updates. You'll actually get software updates

And yes, the iPhone's camera will easily replace your normal camera unless you're a professional photographer or something

8. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

I'm looking forward to the nice fluid touchscreen.

9. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

You'll notice how Apple totally copied Android.

----------

Kidding of course.

10. korndawg macrumors regular

You'll notice that you wont get 'force close' every 5 mins.

11. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

You will notice that it's just more user friendly. Runs smooth as silk. No more needing to make sure you close apps. No more random slow downs or battery drains.. Quality of apps (except Facebook). I would say u would depend on your iPhone more and more. You will trust that it will never falter and it won't.

If you browse the web a lot. U will notice how much better the browser is..

12. Zaft macrumors 68040

Zaft

IOS is very easy to use, but compared to android you cant really do much with it. No widgets, almost no customization unless you jailbreak.