so this was brought up in another thread but never got answered

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Trey1984, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Trey1984 macrumors regular

I'm sure it will be locked since people can't answer the question but why is it that people can talk about ways to get around tethering or wanting to find a way around att to get unlimited data but when someone brings up the question about a hack on a repo or app it gets locked and people flip? Now i pay for my apps and what not but the op was right its pretty hypercritical. Just asking a question here so lets try and stay on topic with it.

2. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

Either subjects doesn't bother me. But, remember these are private forums and we are guests here. Unless your username is Arn then you follow the rules and guidelines posted here. As much as people think the internet is "100% freedom of speech" - it's not.

And, according to you certain subjects get removed/locked so I'm assuming those subjects are not wanted on these private boards.

3. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

but how does it make it right to talk about one but not the other?

edit: i'm not trying to make a problem just trying to get a answer

4. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I guess it depends on the mod who sees it and their mood ;)

5. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Wow..i mean it is their forum but I'll make sure I visit other forums that like to discuss whatever instead of some picking and choosing..I'll make sure I let everyone know that this is not the best forum to ever use

6. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

That's absolutely not the case. We all moderate by the same rules, and post reports are reviewable by all the moderators. In borderline cases we wait for team input before acting (or not acting).

Trey1984, if you have a specific example, I welcome you to use our Contact Us link so an administrator can review it specifically. Without a specific example, it's hard for me to speculate on what's happening here, but I can tell you that the rules explicitly state:

Do not post software serial numbers or keys or refer people to specific websites, software, or techniques whose purpose is to break or bypass software licensing methods, distribute cracks, or obtain or use commercial software or media in violation of its license and/or for copyright violation. Do not ask for or give such help.​

...which clearly requires us to close any discussion with methods to pirate apps. As for why a specific thread was left open, like I said, it's hard to say without seeing it. It's also possible that it was not brought to our attention, in which case we didn't close it because we never knew it existed.

7. Trey1984 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok that's fair