So those "Un-Apple like Seams..."

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by prfrma, Jun 8, 2010.

1. prfrma macrumors regular

Glad to hear Steve Jobs take that issue head on, along with a bunch of other issues related to the leak.

I was even sceptical before launch, I didn't buy the whole shock absorbers because those types of design choices usual come from a proactive requirement, and not from a "holy ****, we need a fix for our product asap".

Sure, iPhone 4 isn't perfect, and doesn't have everything I wanted. A iPhone 4gs may even come next year with no seams! (lol) But at least it's some good old form following function.

2. matmont1305 macrumors newbie

The seams, while being there to separate the antennas, will also form some sort shock absorber mechanism I think. Apple could have made the seams out of glass or ceramics or a number of non conductive materials but they chose rubber. IMO a multi function choice.

3. synagence macrumors 6502a

But if those seams are under compression then they'll add to the solid feel and give a small amount of dampening to and movement so would be a better choice than ceramic or glass...

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I'm just so not worried about the seams. I will be getting a nice case for it, so I won't even know they're there.

5. prfrma thread starter macrumors regular

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I wanna hear from the guy on here that was INSISTENT that the seams were going to be some kind of touch sensitive something.

7. itsjared macrumors regular

itsjared

I'm looking forward to a Camo "Bumper":D

8. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

i want to hear from everyone that assured us that's not the new iPhone, that it was a chinese knock-off for SURE and that Apple would never do such a thing :eek:

9. jtara macrumors 65816

Just shows how amateur the tear-down of the "lost" iPhone was. They missed this, which should have been obvious, as well as the gyro (which may not have been so obvious, if it didn't have a part number on it.)

10. Chrysaor macrumors 6502

They broke the device while unassembling, that alone shows how amateurish it was, that's why there were no pictures of the connect to iTunes screen, which would have confirmed the high resolution display.