So today was a terrible day.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by upsguy27, Feb 23, 2009.

1. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Just have to vent for a second: Today, my girlfriend broke up with me, my iPhone was stolen, my cat died, and I caught a really bad cold. Seriously, today was one of the worst days I've had in a while. What a stupid coincidence that all of these things happen at the same time. I can't afford to replace my phone, and, well, my damn cat died. Just had to rant. Anybody else have bad days like this?

2. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

When I was in high school and in the early years of college, there were many such bad days, and even though the circumstances are not as bad as what you went through in just one day, bad days seemed much more awful, especially around the topic of girls and girlfriends.

3. kali-shey macrumors newbie

kali-shey

There definitely isn't a Hallmark card for a day like that :(

This sounds like a post for fmylife.com

I'm sorry... I hope things start looking up very soon.

4. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

Maybe because I'm older but I'd rate your losses in this order, cat, phone, girlfriend. I lost two cats that I had for almost 15 years over 10 days then a girlfriend I had for about a year. A year later I don't miss the girlfriend, just the cats. The iPhone is just money. I hate to lose money as much as anyone but you can get it replaced. I had my car door smashed last week in a hit and run in a parking lot and it's going to cost about as much as three iPhones that could have happened to you.

5. upsguy27 thread starter macrumors 65816

upsguy27

True. I wasn't putting them in any particular order, but I agree with you.

6. kali-shey macrumors newbie

kali-shey

My father (who was also my best friend) was killed last year in a car accident when another driver ran a red light - wasn't even drunk, just in a hurry. Perfect weather. No other reason, and *poof* the most important person in my life is gone.

Is that worse than getting your door smashed in or losing your iPhone? Yeah, but that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge someone else's bad day.

7. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

This is the closet to a Hallmark card....

Hope it makes ya feel a little better after a crappy day.

8. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

That sucks. The day my rabbit died was awful. It took me quite a while to feel normal again.

9. thisonechance macrumors regular

Sounds like one hell of a day. There probably isn't much I can say that would be of any help other than time heals all.

I'm sure I can speak for all of us here in wishing you the very best.

10. michael.lauden macrumors 68020

michael.lauden

that sucks.. but... way to be a jerk hah.

life sucks

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Sorry to hear that you had such a bad day, OP. Keep the faith, and I hope things improve for you soon.