Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Just have to vent for a second: Today, my girlfriend broke up with me, my iPhone was stolen, my cat died, and I caught a really bad cold. Seriously, today was one of the worst days I've had in a while. What a stupid coincidence that all of these things happen at the same time. I can't afford to replace my phone, and, well, my damn cat died. Just had to rant. Anybody else have bad days like this?

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Just have to vent for a second: Today, my girlfriend broke up with me, my iPhone was stolen, my cat died, and I caught a really bad cold. Seriously, today was one of the worst days I've had in a while. What a stupid coincidence that all of these things happen at the same time. I can't afford to replace my phone, and, well, my damn cat died. Just had to rant. Anybody else have bad days like this?

When I was in high school and in the early years of college, there were many such bad days, and even though the circumstances are not as bad as what you went through in just one day, bad days seemed much more awful, especially around the topic of girls and girlfriends.

kali-shey

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009
There definitely isn't a Hallmark card for a day like that :(

This sounds like a post for fmylife.com

I'm sorry... I hope things start looking up very soon.

rdowty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2008
Maybe because I'm older but I'd rate your losses in this order, cat, phone, girlfriend. I lost two cats that I had for almost 15 years over 10 days then a girlfriend I had for about a year. A year later I don't miss the girlfriend, just the cats. The iPhone is just money. I hate to lose money as much as anyone but you can get it replaced. I had my car door smashed last week in a hit and run in a parking lot and it's going to cost about as much as three iPhones that could have happened to you.

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Maybe because I'm older but I'd rate your losses in this order, cat, phone, girlfriend. I lost two cats that I had for almost 15 years over 10 days then a girlfriend I had for about a year. A year later I don't miss the girlfriend, just the cats. The iPhone is just money. I hate to lose money as much as anyone but you can get it replaced. I had my car door smashed last week in a hit and run in a parking lot and it's going to cost about as much as three iPhones that could have happened to you.

True. I wasn't putting them in any particular order, but I agree with you.

kali-shey

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2009

My father (who was also my best friend) was killed last year in a car accident when another driver ran a red light - wasn't even drunk, just in a hurry. Perfect weather. No other reason, and *poof* the most important person in my life is gone.

Is that worse than getting your door smashed in or losing your iPhone? Yeah, but that doesn't mean I can't acknowledge someone else's bad day.

thebassoonist

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
Davis, CA

That sucks. The day my rabbit died was awful. It took me quite a while to feel normal again.

thisonechance

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2007
Chicago, IL
Sounds like one hell of a day. There probably isn't much I can say that would be of any help other than time heals all.

I'm sure I can speak for all of us here in wishing you the very best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.