So..um...Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by WhackyNinja, Oct 23, 2013.

1. WhackyNinja macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Yeah. Mavericks. I upgraded yesterday to Mavericks from ML and experienced countless bugs and problems. Felt like i was running a Developer Preview. It became so bad that I had to do a clean install to see if that did the trick. And it did, Mavericks is running somewhat faster...yes it still has bugs though but not as much as I previously had.

I think Apple should hurry up with 10.9.1 update with bug fixes.

2. jameslmoser macrumors 6502

This is the first upgrade I did and have not found an annoying bug or two... I had to upgrade one app. Everything just works.

3. josh.b macrumors regular

strange. The only bug I have is After Effects not opening but that is Adobe's fault.

edit: I lie, I used to be able to adjust the volume level (keyboard) by holding control + shift up/down volume and it would adjust it silently but now it is just standard volume control.

4. Cinder6 macrumors 6502

Cinder6

This was the first buggy day-one install I've encountered since I bought a Macbook with Tiger on it. I had several WiFi issues and App Store app update issues. It all seems to be working now, though (*knocks on wood*).

5. WhackyNinja thread starter macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Well my Mac came with Lion and its almost 2 years old. So I would be expecting it to be glitchy with Mavericks but...Jesus...after I upgraded my Mac was really having problems. I think that may have been caused by Chrome eating the memory. I did switch to Safari til Chrome got that issue solved.

----------

After I did a clean install everything seems fine... *knocks on wood* hopefully 10.9.1 will fix many problems

6. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Smoothest Apple installation I can remember. I expected it to be a lot more choppy in daily use but it has been solid.

7. WhackyNinja thread starter macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

8. ivnj macrumors 65816

I've had no issues so far. Except once my bluetooth keyboard got disconnected for no reason even though it still showed in bluetooth section in system preferences. And it still worked even after ignoring the popup.

9. koban4max macrumors 68000

you need to specify the bugs...no bugs with me using mac pro...

10. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

i'm on a mid 2010 base model 15" pro and everything has been great so far. working with multiple displays is so much more fluid with mavericks than mtn lion, and my battery life has gone up significantly as well.

11. WhackyNinja thread starter macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

Well it like freezes up and times, just laggy and not as smooth as Mtn. Lion. Then again you have to keep in mind I have a Late 2011 MBP while you have a Mac Pro

12. koban4max macrumors 68000

true true....but it shouldn't be any different however..(or at least much different other than structure of the computer). It's a software...so......yup.

13. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

It feels pretty bad for me too. I guess if 10.9.1 doesn't help clean install for me. It's odd too, because the first 3 or so dps were very buggy yet super fast. And then it got slower and clean installing had no effect.

I also have an annoying sleep glitch. It takes like a minute for my machine to fully sleep.

14. RagingGoat macrumors 6502

I upgraded my 2010 iMac and it runs just fine. I have not had any issues with it at all.

15. scupking macrumors 6502a

16. WhackyNinja thread starter macrumors 68000

WhackyNinja

I did a clean install and its still buggy and slow-ish...but at least its not as bad as it was when I upgraded. When I upgraded it was almost unusable but at least now its much more stable than it was. Still...10.9.1 needs to hurry up so it can iron out more bugs and my Mac can be faster

17. handlemyhansen macrumors member

The only issue i have had is ever since upgrading every time i open iTunes it makes me log in between 3-4 times in a row. I can't figure out for the life of me how to get it to stop

18. matthewscott661 macrumors 6502

matthewscott661

my 2010 MBP does very well. used to always bog down with a lot of tabs in safari or when more than a couple apps were open, but now i never notice any slowdowns due to too much multitasking.

i've been getting the same thing occasionally. most times it's around 20-30 seconds but sometimes takes several minutes to go to sleep after i close the screen. gets annoying when i'm sitting in a class that just let out waiting for it to sleep so i can put it in my bag.