So..... Vista or XP Working plus Gaming

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by maxus, Mar 31, 2008.

1. maxus macrumors newbie

My new macbook pro is about to be delivered... The main purpose of it will be working.. but. I like to play aswel. I've been on Windows Vista for the last year.. and I dig the workflow and the GUI..

So I was thinking on installing vista... brand new laptop ugly xp interface? hehehe

But............. cod4, ut3, etc.. I also want to play them.

Can I get satisfatory gameplay on vista via bootcamp? Special drivers, sp1... How much frames per second will I lost average if I go vista ?

Another question, if I regret installing vista.. is it easy to format and install xp instead? via bootcamp can I format the drive and install another os again?

Thanks in advance

2. Oraichu macrumors newbie

Hello

I would recommend XP for gaming... or just in general of the windows OSs. ;)

Unsure about specific performance decrease, maybe 10-15% slower?

And when you have to reinstall/format the windows partion, you just delete it or do it through Mac's system. I've formated my XP partion once since I wanted to have NTFS system instead of FAT32.

Thats another thing you'll need to consider: NTFS or FAT2

If you are not familiar with the different file systems, basicly the only advantage/disadvantage of them is:

FAT32 = Your windows HDD will be readable and writeable from your Mac OS X, but files CAN'T be bigger than 4gb in your windows HDD.

NTFS = Your windows HDD will NOT be writeable, but only readable from your mac OS X. Files can be as big as they want.