So was the old iPhone antenna RF team fired?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by definitive, Jul 1, 2010.

1. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

Seeing as they're looking for a several people to hire...

2. cparktd macrumors member

nah...

just transfered....

to china, making bumpers.

3. rdrr macrumors 6502a

rdrr

wasn't the kid who let the iPhone 4 get leaked a RF engineer?

4. jbcraigs macrumors newbie

From what I remember he was working on the RF stack component of the iOS. He wasn't an RF engineer.

5. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

He was a person who makes the baseband

6. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

This is a very interesting chapter in Apple History.

It will be very entertaining to see how all of this bad press, and underperforming phones will play out. If initial responses are any indication, Apple has it's head firmly in the sand, and they've dismissed us as inconsequential.

They've taken their stance and have moved on to focus on the impending launch of the CDMA model for Verizon. Already predicted to sell in the millions Steve Jobs is well known for focusing on the money first.

After all he's a CEO and it's all about "Steve".

7. calgarycanada macrumors newbie

They retired and are enjoying their families. - Steve

8. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

You mean like last year's winners of The Running Man game show? :D

9. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

LOL! I'm wondering if the new job postings are an attempt to show concern for customers now that a class-action lawsuit is in the works. ("We're trying to work on the problems, but the customers won't wait!")

It's curious how all these perceived problems don't seem to be affecting sales at all. I thought I could finally go to my local Apple store today and get one, but no ... the store got 200 iPhones in the morning, and they were instantly gone to people on the priority list. So I put my name on their priority list and was told it might be a month before my name comes up. So that's 200 iPhones every other day being sold at just one store! That's insane!

I don't think the general public gives a hoot about the antenna troubles. I'll be watching with interest how long it takes Apple to revise their design....

10. Coolero macrumors newbie

The QA team was fired. standard industry practice to place the blame on QA. internally they're going "why didn't you catch this earlier and raise a stink about it?" and apple QA is loaded with temps which makes them easier targets.