so weird..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tjespo22, Feb 5, 2008.

1. tjespo22 macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

my friend had this song on his ipod. (flo rida) apple bottom jeans. and he played it and it stopped at 16 seconds... i take out my phone.. play it.. and same thing. he said he tried to d.l like 10 diff ones and they all do the same thing. we both got the song from limewire.. anyone know why it would do this? it plays all the way through on my comp.

espo

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

in the time you wasted downloading 10 different songs, you could of earned $1 to buy the song on iTunes.

;)

3. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

yea well i dont want to buy it..

anyway. i tried to get the song from somewhere else (torrents) and it does the same exact thing.. plays on the comp but not the phone. i cant figure it out.. anyone got this prob?

4. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

5. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

nope, it plays on the computer fine.. all the way through but not on my phone or my friends ipod..

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Perhaps the iPod has a sucky content filter. But if it did, I would question how it got through 16 seconds of that song. (I thought P. Diddy was the worst rap name out there, but Flo Rida is catching up)

7. Vegantnt macrumors newbie

are you using a pc to play the song?

if it is stopoing at 16 secs each time I'm thinking it might be some embedded DRM

8. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

'Nuff said.

Downloading music from Limewire is like getting a soda from Powerade dispenser...nasty.

Is $1 really too much to pay for a song? Is it the dollar or is it the rebellious mentality that people get in, trying to "fight the power" and "stick it to the man"?

A properly named song file and the high res album artwork is worth the $1 to me.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Not to mention the people who worked to put the music together getting some money for it. There are a whole lotta schmos who work in the music industry behind the scenes that don't get paid much. If illegal downloads cut into record sales, those are the people that suffer.

10. ert3 macrumors 6502a

ert3

Ok here is the problem, the song is in the wrong audio format or a dammaged audio format.

Simply bring it into iTunes and make it into an AAC file for something else just not its original format.

The reason your computer can play it is because it has a more robust system for playing through the errors, the iPhone just assumes all your music came from iTunes and is there for perfectly formated.

11. aanndrew macrumors member

just go to vixy.net n go on youtube copy the link and put it in vixy.net and convert it simple i do that sometimes or i just use them blog things with full albums n stuff

i only buy albums and songs if i really like them

12. Virgil-TB2 macrumors 65816

Virgil-TB2

Why is this even a thread (or a mystery)?? :confused:

The answer is in your own post "I downloaded this from LimeWire." There, case solved. :)

When you download illegal junk from LimeWire, aside from the law-breaking aspect of it, you usually get crap quality. You are at the mercy of every dumb idiot out there (and the one in the mirror), in terms of the quality of the "merchandise" you are ripping off.

In particular LimeWire allows users to preview songs before they are completely downloaded. So what happens is some impatient jerk stops the download when he finds the song isn't to his liking or is lacking in Pr0n.

LimeWire also allows the average dumbo to "share" his ill-gotten goods even before he has obtained the whole file. If a song is rare, but popular, this means that whomever got one of the first mangled copies can spread said mangled POS file all over the world faster than the original if the dumbo who got the first mangled copy has a better connection that the original uploader.

Getting songs on LimeWire is like searching through a dumpster and selling what you find on the street. Sometimes you can get gemstones for free, but mostly you just get other peoples trash. ;)

13. tjespo22 thread starter macrumors 6502a

tjespo22

this worked, thanks alot!:D

14. hobo macrumors regular

I had this issue with certain songs and all Podcasts on my iPod Mini last week (remember those?!). And not at 16 seconds.

Kinda unrelated, but no idea why it happened.