So what are the chances we can change gestures?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by blurb23, Jul 20, 2011.

1. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Some of these new gestures are really messing with my workflow :(

For example, I'd like to be able to:
    - 3/4 finger swipe up/down to go to Expose (Mission Control) and Desktop, not Mission Control and Launch pad
    - 3 finger swipe left/right to go back and forth in Chrome/FireFox/Safari.

Are there any ways to disable the new gestures, or am I screwed?

2. aresinferno macrumors regular

Almost every single post I have made today has been about this subject. Disable the gestures you don't like and install BetterTouchTool. I have it set up almost exactly as you have said.

3. blurb23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I currently use Multiclutch (it's only 32-bit, does that make a difference?).

It's working for my other gestures, like pinch/zoom to open/close tabs and rotate to switch between open ones, but even after disabling the 3-Finger swipe in System Prefs, Multiclutch's custom actions won't take place - will BetterTouchTool fix this?

4. maverick808 macrumors 65816

maverick808

I am finding that with BTT on I am sometimes getting missed clicks... I click a link or an app or whatever and nothing happens, and I have to click again. When BTT is not running this never seems to happen and all my clicks seem reliable. I do hope they fix it cause BTT is awesome but this bug is stopping me using it for just now.

5. aresinferno macrumors regular

BTT is an evolution of MultiClutch, which has been discontinued for quite some time.

Delete the MC prefpane and as someone pointed out,
    as it can cause horrendous crashes in some applications, namely Chrome. BTT has far more features but does everything MC does and supports Lion.

As for missing clicks, I do not know why this is. Perhaps you could get in contact with Andreas who develops BTT over at his site. I am not experiencing anything like that.